Home

Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly

This is a discussion on Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL

And wasn't it also a coincidence that Elway won two superbowls when he had one of the best runningbacks at the time playing next to him.

I was comparing Peterson and Davis because they are/were one of the best runningbacks of their time. Tom Brady was the sixth round, 199th pick of his draft. That means he's not a future hall of fame player? Draft selections means squat when you could easily result into an unproductive bust.
Well wasn't it a coincidence that such great RBs as Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns all rushed for over 1,000 yards under Shanahan and then were never heard from again?

And your Elway point is getting ridiculous. You make it sound like any coach could have won with him, which wasn't the case at all. Not to mention Shanahan had him in his last 2 years and won SBs with him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #66
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
And wasn't it also a coincidence that Elway won two superbowls when he had one of the best runningbacks at the time playing next to him.

I was comparing Peterson and Davis because they are/were one of the best runningbacks of their time. Tom Brady was the sixth round, 199th pick of his draft. That means he's not a future hall of fame player? Draft selections means squat when you could easily result into an unproductive bust.
You're telling me you expect the same production from a sixth rounder as a first rounder?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Well wasn't it a coincidence that such great RBs as Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns all rushed for over 1,000 yards under Shanahan and then were never heard from again?

And your Elway point is getting ridiculous. You make it sound like any coach could have won with him, which wasn't the case at all. Not to mention Shanahan had him in his last 2 years and won SBs with him.
Well Rueben Droughns was able to rush for another 1200 yards a year after leaving Denver, so he didn't suddenly disappear.

I don't believe my Elway point is ridiculous. He played with Terrell Davis. Terrell Davis was 1998 MVP and averaged 150 yards per post season game from 1997-1998 (7 games, rushed for over 100 yards in every one of those games, superbowl winning years.) There's a reason why Terrell Davis has been nominated for hall of fame inductions. Plus, John Elway was still a great quarterback in his final years in Denver and simply retired because he felt like he had nothing left to prove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
You're telling me you expect the same production from a sixth rounder as a first rounder?
What? When you mentioned, "And you say that about Davis as if he was a first round pick?", you made it sound like Terrell Davis was a joke just because was drafted late. All I was trying to point out was that he was a great runningback. And when I said, "Draft selections means squat when you could easily result into an unproductive bust.", I meant that draft selections does not determine how great of a player you become in the nfl, it's what you accomplished on the field

Last edited by ThePPL; 01-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #68
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Oh the offensive line was still pretty bad. There were plenty of time where McNabb would barely have any time to find a receiver (Doesn't help the fact that he was pretty immobile in the pocket probably due to the sore hamstring he played 7 weeks with). I know McNabb is notorious for underthrowing short to intermediate passes, but he was underthrowing more than usual with the redskins. The receivers weren't perfect either. When McNabb would throw accurately, receivers would sometimes make drops as well. Donovan was put onto a new system after sticking with one for 11 years. Clearly, it was a tough transition for him.

The protection, the receivers, and even Mcnabb should all be blamed for their lack of offensive success.
That's all been mentioned numerous times on here. But let's not make it seem like McNabb was in an unfair situation from the beginning because that would be FAR from the truth. But like you said, everyone deserves blame for that mess of an Offense that was out there.

And where are you getting that he played with a sore hamstring for 7 weeks from?

His accuracy for the most part sucked, he would make some really dumb decisions half of the time and regardless if he had bad WRs or not, that's still not an excuse for constantly throwing the ball in the dirt over and over and over and over and over and over.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 6

I've been checking the injury report. McNabb seems to almost always have some sort of leg related injury (mostly hamstring).

And yeah, it's just been a really off year for McNabb. This is probably his worst year this season.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #70
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
I don't see why he wouldn't be
The dude has been a head coach for 17 years and has only been to the playoffs 7 times. He's only won a game in the playoffs 3 times. His two Super Bowls were led by arguably a Top 5 QB of all-time. He's won 1 playoff game in the last 12 years.

To me, there is zero way he's a HOF coach.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #71
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Oh god, now folks are banging that drum now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #72
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
The dude has been a head coach for 17 years and has only been to the playoffs 7 times. He's only won a game in the playoffs 3 times. His two Super Bowls were led by arguably a Top 5 QB of all-time. He's won 1 playoff game in the last 12 years.

To me, there is zero way he's a HOF coach.
Good points. I stand corrected

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »