Home

Herschel Walker wants to play football again

This is a discussion on Herschel Walker wants to play football again within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Herschel Walker wants to play football again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I'll vouch for this on a much lower level. Right now, I have the "appearance" of being in almost as good a shape as I was in my early 20's..........but on the inside I'm pretty much always sore, stiff, and beatdown, and most certainly could not play a contact sport, and I'm 10 years younger than Walker. I wiped out on a wet field doing shuttle runs the other night and was sore for 3 days from it (presumably whip lash?). Sux getting older, man.
Difference is he IS already participating in a contact sport... it's just not football, so there is some proof that he can do more than most of us average people could at the age of 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
i hear ya...but the guy knows whether he can do it or not.
To be fair, he just answered a question... we're the ones discussing whether he REALLY can or not.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #58
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
MMA training is rediculous, not to mention the fights themselves can be just as draining as an entire football game condensed into let's say 15 minutes
The average football starter plays less then 8 minutes of actual live action over the course of a 3 hour game...

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 02-03-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 9

Here's the thing, Herschel maybe be in great shape, and still have 4.4 speed, but it's about recovery time. In the NFL you play a game and get 6 days (usually) to recover. In MMA you fight about five times a year; there's a lot more recovery time. That's why you have guys, middled aged guys, who can compete with younger men in their 20's and 30's.

And he is off his rocker. Didn't he come out with a book revealing that he had multiple personalities ?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #60
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
And he is off his rocker. Didn't he come out with a book revealing that he had multiple personalities ?
Maybe all the other personality(s) does(do) is take steroids, eat protein and lift weights.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #61
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Here's the thing, Herschel maybe be in great shape, and still have 4.4 speed, but it's about recovery time. In the NFL you play a game and get 6 days (usually) to recover. In MMA you fight about five times a year; there's a lot more recovery time. That's why you have guys, middled aged guys, who can compete with younger men in their 20's and 30's.

He also said he takes medication now and has it under control. As far as recovery time, like I said in a previous post; IF he did come back, I don't think he or anyone else would expect him to be a work hoarse. He'd probably only get the ball 5-10 times a game. That's not much to recover from and I think he could handle that.

Tapatalk on my Droid sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

It doesn't matter. He already said in numerous interviews he isn't coming back to football. He was only asking a question from a reporter "IF" he could play now. This is a classic case of the media running with a story that is taken out of context.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #63
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
It doesn't matter. He already said in numerous interviews he isn't coming back to football. He was only asking a question from a reporter "IF" he could play now. This is a classic case of the media running with a story that is taken out of context.
Yea, I saw that on strikeforce this past weekend. I thought, well damn, all that debating for nothing.

Tapatalk on my Droid sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »