Home

The end of the Peyton Manning Era?

This is a discussion on The end of the Peyton Manning Era? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What will Peyton accomplish between now and retirement?
He will win at least 1 more Super Bowl 33 49.25%
He will make it to multiple AFC Championships... NOT Super Bowl 6 8.96%
He will make it to ONE more AFC Championship... NOT Super Bowl 14 20.90%
He won't even make it to anymore AFC Championships 14 20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #65
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The end of the Peyton Manning Era?

Not to take this thread further off topic but when discussing the best FO in the league, you usually here Pats, Colts, Steelers, Ravens and then everybody else. Mind you I'm not talking STRICTLY about Drafting either, which is only a part of determining whether or not a team has a good FO.

EDIT: I'd also probably include the Eagles into that group as well and if I wanted to play the homer card, throw the Packers in there as well, especially when you look at their body of work since Ted Thompson took over in 2005.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 01-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #66
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Colts FO is one of the best in the NFL right now end of story. Colts,Steelers, Pats are prolly top 3 right now. Ravens and Saints Front Offices are lurking around their at 4/5, although I think you could make the arguement just purely based on the past 5 years the Saints have the best FO.
Then make one.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #67
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
But I'm sure if you ask the Skins/Cowboys/Bengals/Lions/Cardinals/Broncos if they would take the Colts "not so good" FO with the 11 wins every year as well, they'll take them in a heartbeat.
The Lions FO and Coaching Staff has been solid the past two years. I would rather have Mayhew and Schwartz. You have to remember that this team is being built from the ground up.

I can't believe you've put the Lions in the same list as the Redskins... I would even take the Cowboys out of there. The talent on that team is incredible.

Redskins and Colts draft and sign guys for the present, not for the future. Although the Redskins do such a bad job of it.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Redskins and Colts draft and sign guys for the present, not for the future. Although the Redskins do such a bad job of it.
What? Name 1 player the Colts have signed for the present. The last one was the trade for Booger McFarland in 2006. Before that it was Corey Simon. And I don't even know what you mean by drafting players for the present or future. Any player you draft is a future player.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #69
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
What? Name 1 player the Colts have signed for the present. The last one was the trade for Booger McFarland in 2006. Before that it was Corey Simon. And I don't even know what you mean by drafting players for the present or future. Any player you draft is a future player.
Look at the Redskins. There is no immediate answer to when a guy goes down, a guy retires. That sort of thing. They haven't drafted and signed for the immediate future.

A guy like Peyton goes down. Then what? I don't completely mean for the long term, I also mean guys who can take over if needed. A team doesn't revolve around one guy, but who's there to take over if Peyton had his season ended?

Look at Detroit. Improved on 2009 using their No. 2 and No. 3 QB's. We now know that if Stafford goes down again, someone is there who can take over.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Look at the Redskins. There is no immediate answer to when a guy goes down, a guy retires. That sort of thing. They haven't drafted and signed for the immediate future.

A guy like Peyton goes down. Then what? I don't completely mean for the long term, I also mean guys who can take over if needed. A team doesn't revolve around one guy, but who's there to take over if Peyton had his season ended?

Look at Detroit. Improved on 2009 using their No. 2 and No. 3 QB's. We now know that if Stafford goes down again, someone is there who can take over.
Tell me what happens if Brees, Rivers or Brady goes down?

Solid backup QBs don't grow on trees, just like franchise QBs don't.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #71
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
Tell me what happens if Brees, Rivers or Brady goes down?

Solid backup QBs don't grow on trees, just like franchise QBs don't.
Thing is I'm not talking about QB's. I'm talking about every position. Just using that as an example.

And Brady went down before. As far as I remember up to that point we had never seen Cassel in action. We've seen the kid backing Peyton and well.. that turned ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

If Peyton goes down, the season is over. Period. Why should they prepare for that? They aren't winning anything without him, doesn't matter who it is unless it's Tom Brady. And the guy has never missed a game(knock on wood). It doesn't make any sense to me to spend money on a good backup for Peyton. The best they can do, they have done. Drafted Curtis Painter, a cheap player who can sit behind Peyton and learn from him.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »