Home

The end of the Peyton Manning Era?

This is a discussion on The end of the Peyton Manning Era? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What will Peyton accomplish between now and retirement?
He will win at least 1 more Super Bowl 33 49.25%
He will make it to multiple AFC Championships... NOT Super Bowl 6 8.96%
He will make it to ONE more AFC Championship... NOT Super Bowl 14 20.90%
He won't even make it to anymore AFC Championships 14 20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The end of the Peyton Manning Era?

Will Super Bowl XLIV be the last big game Peyton will star in? He used to always be alongside Brady as one of the best QB's, but this last season he looked more human then ever, barely reaching the playoffs, and struggling to a 10-6 record. He certainly can't win it all by himself, especially now that he's in his mid-30's. The problem is, the way I see it, the Colts have been relying on him almost entirely for the past decade. Can they make it back, or did this season show that time has finally ran out on the Peyton era?

Go CHIEFS!!!
Fight On USC!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The end of the Peyton Manning Era?

They had a lot of injuries but at the same time, guys like Reggie Wayne aren't getting any younger.

Dallas Clark 31
Reggie Wayne 32
Jeff Saturday 35
Ryan Diem 31

Collie seems like he's one concussion away from retiring. Gonzalez hasn't been able to stay healthy. If either of those (or both) straighten themselves out, a substitute for any decline in age could emerge.

But I think this is a valid question.

The other thing is you have teams like the Jets. If they keep that team together for the most part and Sanchez progresses, it stands to reason that the Jets could emerge as a team that's hard for NE and Indy to get past.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I think he will make it to at least 1 more SB. While yes, those around him are not the caliber that he used to have around him, and while yes he hasnt been as "great" this past season, he is still better than most, he is still great, and any team with him on it should be confident they can make the playoffs.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

I have a hard time believing that Peyton Manning doesn't have one more run left in him. I think he gets another ring, somehow.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't think he gets back to the SB. I just don't think he can carry a team like he has in the past. It really depends on how the Colts draft around him, though. I really think the Texans and the Jaguars have the Colts in their crosshairs, and in the next 3 years, completely surpass them.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALL1FANaticism
Will Super Bowl XLIV be the last big game Peyton will star in? He used to always be alongside Brady as one of the best QB's, but this last season he looked more human then ever, barely reaching the playoffs, and struggling to a 10-6 record. He certainly can't win it all by himself, especially now that he's in his mid-30's. The problem is, the way I see it, the Colts have been relying on him almost entirely for the past decade. Can they make it back, or did this season show that time has finally ran out on the Peyton era?
I didn't realize it was now the Indianapolis Peyton's now...last I checked it's still the COLTS and he is the QB of the team. Manning's 10 was just as good if not better than his '09, a year they went to the SB. This talk is crazy.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Who can say? I think Manning could probably play as long as Favre has considering his drive and the fact that the guy is hardly ever sacked or injured.

The Colts will probably need to get a running game, though, if they're going back to the SB. The one year they did win it with Manning, the Colts actually had a pretty good running game.

With the current team the Colts have it's hard picturing them in the SB. Manning definitely deserves MVP this year because without him that team probably would've finished 7-9 or 6-10 or even worse. The Colts will have to add some players.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Manning will be around for years to come and will have plenty of chances to win another Super Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »