Home

You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young

This is a discussion on You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: You need a QB to jumpstart your otherwise solid football team. Which QB do you take?
Vince Young 18 28.57%
Kevin Kolb 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #41
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Pretty much agree w/ this. I don't see how a guy w/ more career INT's than TDs is that much better than a guy w/ a career winning record. Vince has shown more ability up to this point on the field than Kolb has.
Why not compare the td/ints of both players? Considering VY's is 42/42 doesn't seem like much of a point to bring up in an argument, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #42
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Why not compare the td/ints of both players? Considering VY's is 42/42 doesn't seem like much of a point to bring up in an argument, no?
Well people were making it seem like Kolb is leagues better than Young, I was just making the point that it's funny when the guy has more INTs than TDs and less than 10 career starts in the NFL. He hasn't played that much and when he has played it's not like he's set the world on fire.

Last edited by rangerrick012; 02-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #43
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Pretty much agree w/ this. I don't see how a guy w/ more career INT's than TDs is that much better than a guy w/ a career winning record. Vince has shown more ability up to this point on the field than Kolb has.
It could have something to do with the fact that since he left the warm, non-critical embrace of The University of Texas (and it's fans), VY has shown the emotional stabilty of a 12 year old girl.

Last edited by coogrfan; 02-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #44
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Well people were making it seem like Kolb is leagues better than Young, I was just making the point that it's funny when the guy has more TDs than INTs and less than 10 career starts in the NFL. He hasn't played that much and when he has played it's not like he's set the world on fire.
Kolb has shown that he is capable of conducting himself as an adult. Can anyone say the same about VY at this point?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #45
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Well people were making it seem like Kolb is leagues better than Young, I was just making the point that it's funny when the guy has more TDs than INTs and less than 10 career starts in the NFL. He hasn't played that much and when he has played it's not like he's set the world on fire.
I know this is probably pretty meaningless because there are a lot of variables but, I decided to do a little comparison. Like you said Kolb has less than 10 starts under his belt and that got me to thinking what did VY's stats look like his first few games. From my research it looks like Kolb has had significant playing time (15 or more pass attempts) in about 8 NFL games. So if you compare his first 8 games vs. VY's it would look like this:

Kolb - 175-287, 61.26 comp %, 1964 yards (avg. of 245.5 yds/gm), 6.86 yards/pass, 11 tds, 12 ints and a QB rating of 80.19

Young - 87-193, 44.97 comp %, 1047 yards (avg of 130.88 yds/gm), 5.43 yards/pass, 6 tds, 7 ints, and a QB rating of 60.69.

Also, another interesting note is that both QB's had a 3-5 record in those 8 games

But, like I said there are a ton of variables that go along with this (Offensive Schemes, Opponents, etc.) therefore it may not be the best comparison. However, I thought it was pretty interesting and may shed some light on why some folks around here favor Kolb.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If it was solely based on numbers, I would lean toward Young. But, the QB position is so much more than numbers alone.

So I would go with Kolb. He has learned under Andy Reid for 4 or 5 years now, if anyone is ready to play it is him.

Young just doesn't get it. Saw him interviewed on ESPN recently and he just laughed at the notion of being a backup quarterback for a team. He should be humbled because of his most recent idiocy. He hasn't. No way in hell would I give him the keys to my franchise.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #47
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Kolb has shown that he is capable of conducting himself as an adult. Can anyone say the same about VY at this point?
Players having locker room confrontations with coaches or other players happens quite often in sports, and especially in pro sports. QBs and coaches having confrontations certainly happens a lot. When it was Chris Simms blowing up at Parcells or Steve Young going ape **** on Siefert, I doubt anyone really cared because those players were established.

Whatever was said in the locker room between the two men, you didnt hear Young say anything negative about Fisher publicly through the media. Youve never really seen Young use the media to say anything negative about anyone. Fisher on the other hand, has been playin PR games and using his good ol media buddies to leak stuff and cover for him all along.

I guess some people feel that Fisher is beyond reproach and beyond being confronted face to face. That is ridulous and I certainly wouldnt say that Fisher handled the situation in a professional manner. I guess im in the minority here but id have more respect for a co-worker or boss confronting me face to face than one who leaks things and plays manipulative games behind my back.

Last edited by ZB9; 02-02-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Kolb. He has learned under Andy Reid for 4 or 5 years now, if anyone is ready to play it is him.

Young just doesn't get it. Saw him interviewed on ESPN recently and he just laughed at the notion of being a backup quarterback for a team. He should be humbled because of his most recent idiocy. He hasn't. No way in hell would I give him the keys to my franchise.
Wasn't that the interview where he said that he was an "Elite Quarterback" or something like that?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »