Home

Looking for a Team

This is a discussion on Looking for a Team within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Looking for a Team

Many of you will probably call me stupid for doing this. Some of you could debate with me on my opinions that I'll put. Some of you could probably even flame me on here. If you want to do anything like that, please refrain. I am only posting this because I find this situation quite amusing, and interesting, and thought I'd share it.

I have been a Bengals fan for quite some time. I own jerseys, t-shirts, hats, etc. But after years of watching Mike Brown, not care at all if they win or lose, as long as he makes money, I have finally gotten sick and tired of it, and have decided to take my "fan-ship" elsewhere.

So, today, I wrote e-mails out to every single team in the NFL (including the Bengals), announcing that my "fan-ship" was up in the air, and asking what they have to offer me, for me to become a fan of theirs.

I am not expecting any responses. In fact, I'm not expecting anything at all. But I thought this would be a fun thing to try out, and see if I could possibly end up with any kind of response from any of the 32 teams in the NFL.

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. It would be neat, but like I said, I'm not expecting anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Looking for a Team

I have to say that sounds interesting. I also doubt you'll hear any kind of response but if you do please post it.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
Many of you will probably call me stupid for doing this. Some of you could debate with me on my opinions that I'll put. Some of you could probably even flame me on here. If you want to do anything like that, please refrain. I am only posting this because I find this situation quite amusing, and interesting, and thought I'd share it.

I have been a Bengals fan for quite some time. I own jerseys, t-shirts, hats, etc. But after years of watching Mike Brown, not care at all if they win or lose, as long as he makes money, I have finally gotten sick and tired of it, and have decided to take my "fan-ship" elsewhere.

So, today, I wrote e-mails out to every single team in the NFL (including the Bengals), announcing that my "fan-ship" was up in the air, and asking what they have to offer me, for me to become a fan of theirs.

I am not expecting any responses. In fact, I'm not expecting anything at all. But I thought this would be a fun thing to try out, and see if I could possibly end up with any kind of response from any of the 32 teams in the NFL.

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. It would be neat, but like I said, I'm not expecting anything.
Don't give up on your team. I am still a loyal Pirates fan, even though our owners have no interest in fielding a competitive team. 18 straight losing seasons, and I still have no desire to change my allegiance to them.

Let's go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

So this is like a real life "What team should I use?" thread?

I wonder which team rep will go all homer on you.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

To be honest from what i've heard/read I don't blame you for almost giving up on the Bengals, seems kinda interesting that you did this. I'm sure atleast 1 team Rep will email just have a feeling that they see the potential in $$$ to be made and have some automated email they can just reply with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't blame you at all for wanting to move on.

That said, I think emailing every team and asking them what they could offer you is pretty silly. Make a choice based on factors that appease to you.

Even if every team emailed you back, what would you be looking for to make a decision? Just choose yourself.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm interested in what a team might email you back.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue

I understand why you want to change teams and I don't blame you at all, but I can't see myself rooting for another team.

I will not buy as much Bengals things or not go to as many games since I'm unhappy with the ownership, but I will always be a Bengals fan and not root for another team.

The main reason for this is when they finally become a succesful franchise and do win a Super Bowl, which I think will happen, not saying soon but I have hope it will happen, I can say I've stuck with the Bengals through the good and bad times.

I'm interested in seeing if any team emails you back, but what if it's the Browns or the Raiders? Would you really become a fan of either team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »