Home

Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger?

This is a discussion on Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #17
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
They would also get rid of the ball a lot quicker than Big Ben does.
Well when the Jets played the Colts and Pats they got pressure and made both QB's look average. With an even worse o-line it would only be magnified.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
There are 5 QB's I'd take before Big Ben.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Exactly my thinking. I might have to throw in Matt Ryan, though most likely not, maybe in a year.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Well when the Jets played the Colts and Pats they got pressure and made both QB's look average. With an even worse o-line it would only be magnified.
And you could easily argue that Brady and Manning STILL played better than Big Ben against the Jets. Big Ben definitely made plays when he needed to, and he moved the chains with his legs, but he still made some terrible throws which didn't come back to bite him.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen
I don't think it matters that they haven't had a top 10 rusher since '07. When they NEED to run the ball, they do it very well and it takes pressure off of Ben.
Their rushing game is a myth, ask any Steeler fan that sits and actually watches every game. They haven't had a decent run game or Oline to support Ben in years. Don't know where you get that info or impression.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
And you could easily argue that Brady and Manning STILL played better than Big Ben against the Jets. He definitely made plays when he needed to, and he moved the chains with his legs, but he still made some terrible throws which didn't come back to bite him.
He had 2 INT's and the first one wasn't his fault. There were countless times that he moved the chain just on his athletic ability alone. The 1st conversion at the end of the game is a perfect example.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Their rushing game is a myth, ask any Steeler fan that sits and actually watches every game. They haven't had a decent run game or Oline to support Ben in years. Don't know where you get that info or impression.
Yeah okay. Mendanhall didn't have over a hundred yards rushing in the first half against the Jets

Nope, no support at all
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #23
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I've never really liked the sport of baseball. It probably has something to do with the Pirates being so terrible while I was growing up. I'm 25, 18 of those years the Pirates have had a losing season. I still go to a game or two a year, but I just don't follow the sport.

I love people who think if you but Brady or Manning behind the Steelers O-line that they would be just as good or better LOL. Both would get sacked 5-10 times a game.
I disagree. Manning and Brady both get rid of the ball quick and Ben tends to hold onto the ball just a bit too long causing him to get sacked.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #24
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Peyton had a 108.7 qb rating against the Jets,btw.It was the special teams that blew the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »