Home

Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger?

This is a discussion on Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2
Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger?

Michael Wilbon wrote an article today saying he would take Ben over Brady or Manning if he needed one game to win and his life depended on it. First of all, I think Wilbon is a moron even before today's article, and I think he only says things to stir the pot. Of course, on First Take today, another idiot in my eyes, Skip Bayless, agreed with Wilbon(no surprise because I think he does the same thing Wilbon does, stir the pot). Ben is 3rd on my list in that group,what do you guys think? In my opinion, Ben is the product of being on a team that doesn't need a ton of production from the QB position because of their great defense and they always seem to have a good running game. The 2005 Super Bowl shows how they don't rely much on the QB position when he only threw for 123 yds but had 2 picks and they still won the game with their D and running game. He had a passer rating of 22.6 which was the lowest in SB history for a winning QB. I think he's a very good QB, but not quite Manning or Brady yet.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Brady, P.Manning or Roethlisberger?

There are 5 QB's I'd take before Big Ben.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Roethlisberger all day.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Manning..............

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

He is correct if you look at the teams, but not if you are just looking at the QB. Ben is able to make plays because he escapes the pocket, but his passing skills and mental abilities(reading defenses) is no where near Manning and Brady. If you put either of those QBs on the Steelers with that running game, they probably be hard to beat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Roethlisberger all day.
I kind of figured you would choose Ben after looking at your Avatar Why did you leave out the Pirates in your Sig?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
If you put either of those QBs on the Steelers with that running game, they probably be hard to beat.
That running game is a myth. They haven't had a top-10 run game since '07. Inconsistent at best the last 3 years. In '08 and '09, it was abysmal. Mendy had only 3 games for over 100 this season.

As for QB's, give me the the guy with the fantasy football numbers. I love that guy who keeps throwing for yards and TDs when their team has the game in hand already. Nothing like another TD throw inside the 5 or 10 late in the 3rd or 4th when up by 3 or 4 TDs. I also love me some garbage time numbers when i can get them.

Those stats look so pretty, and always tell the true story.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I'll take Manning and Brady if they had a top 5 defense and decent running game every year like Big Ben. People always seem to forget that this is a team game when they talk about QBs. Manning and Brady have better footwork and are better at reading defenses, getting rid of the ball. I'm not trying to take anything away from Ben, but he's not at their level and benefits from being on the best franchise in football right now. Wins are not a QB stat

These arguments would be better if people like Wilbon said they are taking the Steelers over the Pats and Colts. They could write a great article on how the Steelers organization has done a fantastic job of drafting over the last decade, etc, but instead they stir the pot. Can't blame 'em...its their job
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »