Home

Why do you support your team?

This is a discussion on Why do you support your team? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Why do you support your team?

I didn't give a crap about football until the Titans came to town and I've loved them ever since. Gone to countless games, met a ton of players, went to all the training camps as a kid. I'm like Doc, I can't imagine rooting for another team.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I grew up in Breaux Bridge,LA for about 10 years. I have pictures of me in a Saints onesie(sp?) at like 2-3 months old and I still even have my old Deuce Mcallister jersey in my closet for sentimental purposes.

My earliest memories are of me, my grandma, and my mom watching Saints game every sunday. I can vividly recall throwing a tantrum on the floor after a close loss to the Titans I think. Pretty much I've been a Saints fan since the day I was born and have never lost the passion for them.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

I grew up in a small town in northern Indiana, which is explains the Colts, that and the families' loyalty explains the Cubs. As a kid, I cheated and rooted for both the Bulls and Pacers (Now I don't care about the NBA) No one in my small town cared about hockey, so I didn't until I moved to Michigan, and because they were on TV and I found that I liked hockey, I became a Red Wings fan.

I generally don't have any college loyalties except for my school (Central Michigan) and Ferris State's hockey team, because I lived there to finish high school and they got me addicted to college hockey. Never adopted a college basketball team and never liked college football thanks to the BCS.

Last edited by MrNFL_FanIQ; 02-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Never truly had a favorite team (the Niners, kinda), so when the Texans were announced, I figured why the hell not. Start out fresh with a franchise, I liked the color scheme and logos, and once it became apparent that David Carr was going to be the #1 pick (I'm from Fresno), it just sort of cemented it.

9 years later, it all makes sense. They torture me, just like all my other teams do. They have a classy organization and players I can root for. At the very least, the games are almost always entertaining from an unbiased standpoint. I think something like 11 out of 16 games were decided by 7 points or less this past year.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #13

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Ladainian Tomlinson is the entire reason I started watching football in the first place. He is the best runningback I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. He had it all the speed, power, and most of all that bad *** visor. I live in Kentucky so we don't even have a professional football team even though they follow the tennesse titans. I was originally a fan of LT and not so much the team because they weren't very good. I was 13 or 14 when I started watching football and that was around 03' or 04'(and I think they were the worst team that year or just really bad) I didn't care though because LT is all I wanted to see at first but the team grew on me and 6 or 7 years later I'm still waiting for that superbowl.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I am a Vikings fan due to my dad. I grew up in Arizona and Nevada so outside the cardinals not really anyone to root for. I really got into football in the 90s being born in '87 and Cris Carter was who sold me as a Vikings fan for life. I will always be a Vikings fan even though my interest in the NFL itself has faded.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

For me, all of the teams I like were in my home state. However, for each one there was a different reason. The Wings because although I was young, after watching us get so close in 95' and 96', it was such redemption to see them have all this success since. As for the Lions, I loved watching Barry Sanders, and I followed part of the Millen era before giving up and essentially boycotting them until they got a new FO. Although they were mediocre in the 90s and horrible in the early 00s, the fact that my uncle took me to games at Tiger Stadium and later Comerica Park was awesome, so I got hooked on them. Finally, I attend the University of Michigan, so I rot for those teams. Although it must be unfortunate that the three years I'm here were all under the RichRod era; I'll be gone next year for Hoke but hopefully I can go see one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

From another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I would not blame any fans who didn't want to be fans of the (pre this year) lions, raiders, or browns. Those teams aren't bad b/c of coaching, players, or GM. Things you could all fire and start anew. These teams are bad b/c of ownership and that's not something that will be changed for a long time.

I never had a favorite NFL team up until 2000. I had a favorite player in Barry Sanders, but never cheered for a team. Once he retired, I remembered seeing a defense in a playoff game bottle him up. The team happened to be Tampa Bay. After watching a couple games, I loved watching John Lynch, Mike Alstott, and Warrick Dunn play so I just grew into a fan.

Tapatalk on my Droid suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »