Home

My football addiction and fix

This is a discussion on My football addiction and fix within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
My football addiction and fix

So anyways a few years ago I broke down and bought an old platform, the NES. Why you ask? I needed my football fix. A friend had told me about Tecmo Super Bowl and the ability to update rosters and thought I would check it out. I didn't grow up on the game tecmo football but had heard good things about it, the legend behind it so to speak. I found the game online and fooled around with it. It was actually pretty fun. So like I said I went out and purchased the NES and Tecmo Superbowl and with the updated rosters, endzones and division alignments, well, I haven't looked back. I'm not going to harp on Madden. I don't play it. For the next gen system I think it's way behind every other sports game out there for it's genre with any kind of lisence. Overall I think that's a sad thing especially with the Madden name pushing it. Something I found out about Tecmo and you guys and gals who grew up on it can probably verify is that as the season goes on the tougher the competition becomes. Classic!! It's rough trying to win the lombardi. So..

I own the PS3 and I'm looking forward to March 8th and the release of MLB11 the show. I find plenty of time to play my other sports fixations, Tiger woods 11, NHL 11, Fifa. I just can't get into Madden, Backbreaker, NFL2k5, etc....I don't know why. I've heard those who love the game say it's just tougher to make a football video game than any other sports game.

It's amazing that I found my football fix in a game that was built in 1991.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: My football addiction and fix

I know what you mean. Tecmo has the simple rock, paper, scissors appeal. Simple interesting game play. Graphics are not the most important thing in a game. Interesting game play is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »