Home

Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player)

This is a discussion on Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #33
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player)

Quote:
The self defense laws in Texas are pretty liberal. So if he's being charged it's pretty clear no one's life was in imminent danger when he popped off the shots.
People have gotten off for less(man shot and killed men who broke into his neighbors house a year or so back). If his weapon was registered, I expect similar mercies to be extended in this case.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #34
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Did you miss the part where the current account of events, backed up by forensic and witnesses so far (and now that they've lawyered up and are not cooperating, sound like the truth), is that she fired shots, and he said 'i'll shoot him', took the gun and fired at least 2 shots himself?

It's not like he came across some domestic battery in progress and opened fire here.
I'm fully aware of the circumstances involved. I understand the shots came after the "victim" had completed today's session of violence.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #35
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumi
There wasn't any collateral damage.

Yes, in this instance, he'd stopped. Today's body bag session with Talib's sister had concluded. I'm fully and completely aware of that. Wasn't the first time he thought it'd be cool to beat her up, likely wouldn't have been the last. So, some shots were fired at him. I say, good.
No there wasn't any collateral damage. But the risk of it due to this behavior is extreme. I've seen first hand up close and personal the fallout from non involved parties being hit by gunfire. Your sense of defending the meek becomes moot when you are risking the lives of innocents around given the fact the victim was not in imminent danger of death when the shots were fired.

Quote:
In which situation would retribution become appropriate?
I thought he was protecting those who couldn't protect themselves. But now it's retribution? Which is it? I am sorry but the risk of hitting an innocent bystander or causing damage to property far outweigh someone sense of retribution or revenge. This is not 19th century old west.

Quote:
And it's people with attitudes kin to your own that lead to the deaths of 1400 American women per year. You know, the ones that the authorities did such a tremendous job helping.
Yes because opening fire in the middle of a residential neighborhood is the answer to this problem. Well thought out. Again, way to give the anti gun lobby more ammo..

You can use hyperbole and stats all you want. Given the circumstances there is no way to excuse or justify his actions. There simply isn't.. Someday maybe you will get it. But I get the feeling you are one of those who for reasons I won't discuss, won't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #36
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
People have gotten off for less(man shot and killed men who broke into his neighbors house a year or so back). If his weapon was registered, I expect similar mercies to be extended in this case.
Key there is in his house. Probably was able to argue imminent danger of death. That argument can not be made here.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #37
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

With the information given I can only conclude the following:

Aqib Talib is an idiot and is a detriment to society. His violent tendencies off the field are going to be a constant in his future unless he gets psychological help.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
His MOM was a second shooter?!? That family is crazy and packing heat.
Hey now, at least his mother is spending time with her son.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 47

even if the boyfriend was beating his sister. Shooting at the guy is just stupid, go kick his *** or better yet have your mom go kick his ***.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #40
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Sounds like he's got a serious anger management problem but I wouldn't kill him too much for this particular story. It sounds like the sister's boyfriend probably put his hands on her before (dude had a prior for a domestic dispute with his sister and was locked up when he was found). The sister was calling for help which makes it sound like the boyfriend was probably hitting her again.

I don't know if pistol whipping and shooting at someone is the best way to defend your sister but I can't be too mad at the guy in this case.
I know this dude has had his run-ins w/ the law, but this report...to me...sounds like someone trying to protect his family.

Its not really like he went after the guy for no apparent reason. He thought his family was in danger, and did what he needed to do to protect them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »