Home

Blaine Gabbert vs. Cam Newton

This is a discussion on Blaine Gabbert vs. Cam Newton within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Gabbert-Newton who should be drafted first?
Blaine Gabbert 58 52.73%
Cam Newton 52 47.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #65
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Blaine Gabbert vs. Cam Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why do you hate the Panthers again.
Jerry Richardson

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #66
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Come on Warren.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Sounds like Warren took it personally considering his battles when he first went pro. In that sense, can't say I would've thought he's the last to go there but it's unfortunate and even more unfortunate that he's mentoring Cam with that mentality.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Jerry Richardson
Gotcha. Don't blame you.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #69
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Warren.... SMH. You're better than that. I tried to fight the good fight for Cam. You've made my task to difficult. Bowing out now....

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #70
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

I will be so mad if Cardinals draft any of these two. Newton's accuracy is one of the worst I've seen in a high draft pick qb and Gabbert is so overrated. I really hope they get picked up before us so we can get Von Miller! or if we're lucky, Peterson.

I think if anything we can get mallet maybe in the 2nd round.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #71
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Exactly. This is like people bringing up Trent Dilfer in the SB QB conversation but some just don't get it in regards to VY. The "he just wins" line only goes so far when the owner that LOVES him pretty much cut him. The comparison of Newton to Young is a good one, and a bad comparison to have. It's a projection of wasted talent. Maybe better comparisons (for understanding sake) would be Jeff George or Ryan Leaf. I don't think Young is that bad or Newton has the potential to be that bad (maybe Vick is a good example with a brighter potential ending to the story), but the idea is that no matter how physically gifted he may be, in terms of the NFL he's likely not as good as he thinks he is. And if he has an attitude and work ethic that also will make it likely he won't get much better in that regard, there's no way I'd want him QBing my team.

And unlike some, I'd really like to see Newton succeed. But right now, I can see him following a similar path as VY. Continuing to wonder why he's not getting enough love because he's only focused on what HE can do on the field, rather than how he needs to improve to help the team.
I disagree. Why do people feel the need to paint VY and Newton with the same general brush? Their personalities are nothing alike, imo. VY was about winning when it was good, but when he basically shriveled when things got tough. Newton, by most accounts, is the opposite.

He has issues....I think he is far too arrogant and needs to be humbled a bit. But his issues aren't Vince Young's. The only thing they have in common in any aspect are they are athletic and they had great seasons before they declared.

But the fact that Newton might be a jerk, he caters too much to the cameras, even that he is about himself a little too much....if Newton ever wins a SB, he will join a list of SB winning QB's that are like that. I don't have not read anything that suggest any of these "experts" REALLY know about his work ethic or leadership...especially at the NFL level. Some of the questions surrounding him are simply ridiculous.

I'm a Panthers fan and I hope they don't take him. All the work ethic in the world may not help him make some NFL throws under pressure....he has serious holes in that aspect of his game. But character wise, there are red flags....but few that suggest that he will be a disaster on gameday.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #72
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I disagree. Why do people feel the need to paint VY and Newton with the same general brush? Their personalities are nothing alike, imo. VY was about winning when it was good, but when he basically shriveled when things got tough. Newton, by most accounts, is the opposite.

He has issues....I think he is far too arrogant and needs to be humbled a bit. But his issues aren't Vince Young's. The only thing they have in common in any aspect are they are athletic and they had great seasons before they declared.

But the fact that Newton might be a jerk, he caters too much to the cameras, even that he is about himself a little too much....if Newton ever wins a SB, he will join a list of SB winning QB's that are like that. I don't have not read anything that suggest any of these "experts" REALLY know about his work ethic or leadership...especially at the NFL level. Some of the questions surrounding him are simply ridiculous.

I'm a Panthers fan and I hope they don't take him. All the work ethic in the world may not help him make some NFL throws under pressure....he has serious holes in that aspect of his game. But character wise, there are red flags....but few that suggest that he will be a disaster on gameday.
I don't think anyone is saying Cam is VY 2.0...it's more that there are similar concerns about their makeup from a mental/intangible perspective.

You mention Cam being the opposite of VY when things get rough...how do we even know? The guy has been on 3 straight winning teams. We have no idea how he would respond to losing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »