Home

Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!"

This is a discussion on Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #9
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!"

Anyone get a quote from Sandra Bullock?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #10
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

He's right..

Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't see why McShay is different than anyone else who discusses draft prospects. The fact is hundreds if not thousands of kids are eligible for the draft, if you differentiate yourself in a negative light you will get pigeonholed pending further explanation or a closer look. It's up to these kids to conduct themselves in a way to avoid that exposure, simple as that.

As to the grammar and spelling... most of his tweets on the subject were well under 140 characters...

If anything I think this reflects more on Oher (and negatively) than it does McShay. Just like Peterson's 'NFL is like slavery' and Mendenhall's 'we'll never know what really happened on 9/11' tweets.

Twitter has provided an avenue for people who talk before they think to hang themselves. There are plenty of professional ways to go about putting together an editorial or contributing to a known column and make your case in a reasonable fashion.

...and then there's Twitter, for those that want to just lash out.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-04-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

His grammar and spelling? Really 55?

Who cares. Look at the gist at what the kid is saying. He's not an English professor, he's a professional football player, who correct me if I'm wrong, has a degree.

I agree with him, but these kids also need to realize the age we're living in where we can have news minutes after it happens and people are judgmental by nature, so your character will be questioned -- fair or not.

I think the person who said that GM's rarely listen to "analysts" is 100 percent correct... I don't see any GM in the league putting much stock in to what Todd McShay has to say about a kid's character. If they're interested in possibly drafting a kid, they will do their own research.

Oher didn't need to call him a joke, but I get the frustration.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
His grammar and spelling? Really 55?

Who cares. Look at the gist at what the kid is saying. He's not an English professor, he's a professional football player, who correct me if I'm wrong, has a degree.
Yes, really.

And the part about having a college degree makes it even worse. I'm a high school dropout who never attended college a day in my life and I know how to spell and use punctuation marks.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #14
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I doubt anything an analyst says actually affects GM's. They do their own research.
And I would agree, but analysts like McShay influence many football fans. If we constantly hear that some player has issues, we are more prone to attack the players for any mistakes they might make.

I still consider Mike Mayock as my top analysis, because he's always specific with his criticisms. McShay rarely gets specific and that's why he gets in trouble with his comments.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
MGK
Banned

OVR: 0

He makes a good point, but I think he went overboard with, "I respect Mel Kiper way more then I respect you." It was unnecessary and comes off as childish IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
And I would agree, but analysts like McShay influence many football fans. If we constantly hear that some player has issues, we are more prone to attack the players for any mistakes they might make.

I still consider Mike Mayock as my top analysis, because he's always specific with his criticisms. McShay rarely gets specific and that's why he gets in trouble with his comments.
I definitely agree.. Your tipical fan would hear him say this same stuff over and over to the point where its in your head. I always zone him out when he starts talking about someone's character or work eithic. McShay criticizes players more then he praises them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »