Home

Toronto seeking NFL team but NOT the Bills; Also seeking SB

This is a discussion on Toronto seeking NFL team but NOT the Bills; Also seeking SB within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Toronto seeking NFL team but NOT the Bills; Also seeking SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Wayne Weaver is passionate about keeping Jacksonville in town, and will only sell to someone who will promise him (probably in contract) to keep the Jags in Jacksonville.
No new owner would WANT to keep the team in Jax. That is why the Los Angeles rumor is so hot and heavy.

Over the last 3 years the Jags were 21st, 30th and 24th in attendance. Florida is not a pro sport state. To have 3 football teams and 2 baseball teams is a joke. If the Jags ARE sold, and it will be a matter of when, not if, they will NOT be staying in Jax. It doesnt matter that they are "locked" in until 2030.

Jags fans argue that their attendance ROSE 36% in 2010 while most other teams remained stagnant. When you are 30th in attendance a 36% increase isnt hard to do.

Another argument is that they had NO blackouts. I would hope so after covering 10,000 seats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #42
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The seats are covered because the stadium was built for the two huge college games played there every year. Even with the tarps it's still middle of the pack as far as NFL stadium sizes are concerned.

I don't understand what baseball teams have to do with football teams, the other teams are far enough away to not affect sales for one team over another.

The only issue with markets in Florida with regards to the Jaguars is the CBS station in Orlando hates the Jaguars and refuses to air games when they are supposed to do so.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I would be open to having an NFL team in Toronto. I can't stand it when the Super Bowl champions are referred to as World Champions. Having a team outside of the US would justify that moniker.
The NFL dont even bill their champions as WORLD champions. They bill them as SUPER BOWL champions..

ben
voodoo
Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm gonna tell you why the NFL will never go to Canada:

1. It respects the CFL boundaries and they view the CFL as another place for American football players to go and play the sport. If the NFL shuts down the CFL, that's jobs lost, and they don't want that.

2. Canada is a place that is not open to building 1 billion dollar state of the art stadium for anyone. Hockey teams have a hard time just getting a new hockey arena, just ask hockey crazed towns like Edmonton, Calgary and even Quebec... Good Luck Toronto..

3. The NFL will not move to a place that has a 20+ year old stadium.
Rodgers Center could not even sell out for the Bills and is an absolute terrible place to watch football..

Bottom Line, it doesn't matter what US fans or Canadian fans want, the NFL wouldn't go to Canada because they have a sort of "unwritten" relationship with the CFL and they want that league to sustain and thrive where it is.

ben
voodoo
Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #45
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
I
3. The NFL will not move to a place that has a 20+ year old stadium.
Rodgers Center could not even sell out for the Bills and is an absolute terrible place to watch football..

I'm not going to argue your points too much but I just want to correct you here. The Rogers Centre is actually a really good football venue. The Dome is actually a better football stadium from a viewing standpoint than it is a baseball stadium.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »