Home

Plaxico Burress

This is a discussion on Plaxico Burress within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Plaxico Burress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Was he ever a Top 5 WR? Did he ever put up huge numbers? No. He was a good player, but he has never been an elite player at his position.

If he was that good, he'd never have been a Giant in the first place.

Maybe not top 5 but definitely top 10. Besides Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Moss at the time all the other top 10 WRs were about on the same level and were all beast WRs. Almost every top CB said he was a nightmare to guard and his numbers were good every year. He couldn't be stopped on a bad ankle(fracture/torn ligament) during that superbowl run. You saw the difference in the way the Giants played after he went down. Big Ben and other teammates didn't want him to leave Pittsburgh. It had nothing to do with his performance on the field why he wasn't in Pittsburgh anymore and he was a free agent. I leave it up to you to be super critical of players who are obviously good but may have character issues..
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Maybe not top 5 but definitely top 10. Besides Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Moss at the time all the other top 10 WRs were about on the same level and were all beast WRs. Almost every top CB said he was a nightmare to guard and his numbers were good every year. He couldn't be stopped on a bad ankle(fracture/torn ligament) during that superbowl run. You saw the difference in the way the Giants played after he went down. Big Ben and other teammates didn't want him to leave Pittsburgh. It had nothing to do with his performance on the field why he wasn't in Pittsburgh anymore and he was a free agent. I leave it up to you to be super critical of players who are obviously good but may have character issues..

Ahh, more of you "insight" as to what NFL players wanted or were saying. Always entertaining stories.

He's never been on the same level as Moss, Fitz or Johnson. Not even close. He's simply not that guy.

As I said, never has been an elite WR. If he was, he'd still be a Steeler. Good player, not a great player. Simple as that. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine.. Tells me I am on the money.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Plaxico was never an elite receiver man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Plaxico was never an elite receiver man.
I never really though it was debatable.

Not to say he wasn't a good player. He certainly was.. But elite? I have never heard anyone say he was.

Apparently though every top CB in the league said he is. Which is pretty funny.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ahh, more of you "insight" as to what NFL players wanted or were saying. Always entertaining stories.

He's never been on the same level as Moss, Fitz or Johnson. Not even close. He's simply not that guy.

As I said, never has been an elite WR. If he was, he'd still be a Steeler. Good player, not a great player. Simple as that. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine.. Tells me I am on the money.
Haha! I said after them he was about on the same level as the rest of the top 10. Maybe not elite but close to it. So we definitely disagree that and yes alot of DBs were saying they were glad they didn't have to go against him after we shot himself and teams gameplan different agaisnt the Giants the rest of the way out. A very good player to me is someone you have to gameplan for and teams had to game plan for Plaxico. He would get double teamed every week. Like I said maybe not elite but he was definitely a top 10 WR at the time and thats not debatable.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #38
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Al Harris thinks Plax is elite. I watched in horror as Plax single-handedly got that team to OT in the '08 NFC Championship by abusing Al Harris for an entire half of football.

Then Favre threw one of his patented late game season killing INT's (aka a FavreBall™) and it was over.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Al Harris thinks Plax is elite. I watched in horror as Plax single-handedly got that team to OT in the '08 NFC Championship by abusing Al Harris for an entire half of football.

Then Favre threw one of his patented late game season killing INT's (aka a FavreBall™) and it was over.
Poor Al Harris. That was tough to watch.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman

One of few games Plaxico absolutely took over for us. Its amazing what he can do when he gives a ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »