Home

Most underrated player in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Most underrated player in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #41
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Most underrated player in the NFL?

On offense, I'll have to go with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He was a player that I thought would have a decent career whenever he came in for an injured Carson Palmer. Of course his stats aren't eye-popping, but if he would have a decent offensive line then I think he'd be able to have a couple of great seasons.

On defense, it's absolutely London Fletcher. In my opinion, he's one of the top 5 middle linebackers in the league. He's been one of the most consistent at the position since he's gotten the starting job as well.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
On offense, I'll have to go with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He was a player that I thought would have a decent career whenever he came in for an injured Carson Palmer. Of course his stats aren't eye-popping, but if he would have a decent offensive line then I think he'd be able to have a couple of great seasons.

On defense, it's absolutely London Fletcher. In my opinion, he's one of the top 5 middle linebackers in the league. He's been one of the most consistent at the position since he's gotten the starting job as well.
Carson Palmer? Hasn't Fitzpatrick played his while career with the Bills?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #43
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Carson Palmer? Hasn't Fitzpatrick played his while career with the Bills?
No, he's played for the Rams, Bengals and this is only his second season with the Bills.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
No, he's played for the Rams, Bengals and this is only his second season with the Bills.
Yup, i remember now
Old 06-22-2011, 01:56 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hell, Fitzpatrick started 3 games for the Rams his rookie year when Bulger got injured.

As far as backup QB's drafted in the 7th round go, Fitzpatrick has gotten around. 23 starts BEFORE last season! That's probably why he was effective in Buffalo; the guy is experienced.

But that's why I wonder if he's really under-rated. I expect a good backup QB to perform like Fitzpatrick did.

He's had 36 career starts now... I hope Buffalo fans aren't expecting Fitzpatrick to improve

Last edited by phillysouljah; 06-22-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

By the way, I mentioned Joe Flacco being underrated...

KC Joyner agrees:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...26id%3d6667673

If you don't have ESPN Insider (like I don't), then you only get the blurb and the provocatively-titled, "Why Joe Flacco is as good as Rivers".

I know some people are probably laughing at that but KC Joyner is very deep into the stats, particularly the second-order sort of statistics, and when he makes a claim like that, I think there's some truth to it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 AM   #47
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Jon Beason - Never gets enough pub for being one of the best MLBs in the league, and being a terrific leader for the Panthers on and off the field. Also, can anyone PLEASE explain to me why Madden chose LT Jordan Gross for the Panthers in the cover contest over Jon Beason? Not that Gross isn't a solid LT, and an important part of the Franchise, but he isn't as good as Beason at his position and LT is far from being glamerous Madden-cover-esque position. No O Lineman has ever been on the cover. /rant

Jake Delhomme - No, not for right now, because his arm has fallen apart on him, but for what he was when he was with the Panthers until his final year. Guy was generally slightly above a game manager as QB in Carolina until the 4th QTR rolled around and the game was on the line. It was amazing watching Jake Delhomme lead the Panthers on a final drive in the 4th quarter. If not for Jake Delhomme the Panthers could have very well been the Bengals or the Browns of the last decade.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #48
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE NFL

Tamba Hali - There are times when, if weren't for his jersey number, you'd think it was the ghost of Derrick Thomas coming off the edge.

Last edited by Kanobi; 06-22-2011 at 12:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »