Home

Most overrated player in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Most overrated player in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Most overrated player in the NFL?

^^ Bush and Vick immediately come to mind.

And Aaron Rodgers and overrated DO NOT belong in the same sentence. If you're going to call Arod overrated you might as well call Manning and Brees overrated too; since Arod's more consistent and throws far less picks than the other two.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Vick was definitely overrated in Atlanta. He was an average QB who some people thought of as the Michael Jordan of football. Fact of the matter is, he never lived up to the hype while in Atlanta.

I need to see him play in Philly more, but it finally seems he's living up to some of that hype. The Mike Vick I saw last year is the Mike Vick most of us thought he could be. Still the jury is out, I have seen a lot of QB's go on a nice run only to come back to earth.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

SP;

You can also say that A-Rod has lived in that space and knows what it feels like. I've seen A-Rod play week in and week out, commentators hung on Favre's jock too, but personally, not taking anything away from Favre, but I prefer A-Rods future vs Favre's career.

I don't think anyone in Packerland is giving A-Rod the HOF treatment, yet, if the national media wants to hang that on him, well, that's on them.

Every team that wins the SB team needs to come down to Earth once the next season starts because there is a target on your back. Was I surprised during the Falcons game? Yes, I thought their D would put up a better fight. Against the Steelers, I was confident winning 4 games in a row they would put up a good game.

Just as your confident Rodgers will have more games from good to very good, he can be great for a stretch of games as well.

Plus, if we are keeping with the thread title, I don't feel we can lump A-Rod into the most over-rated player in the NFL.

Last edited by roadman; 06-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #52
Banned

roethlisberger4pres's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I went back and put a little thought into this and I came up with at least 5 AFC quarterbacks that I think are better than Mark Sanchez right now, no argument.

In No Order:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Schaub

What the f*** is Trent Dilfer on? There's not ONE of those guys I would drop off the list for Sanchez when it comes to executing the position of quarterback at the NFL level thus far. Not a one. And I could make a case for Flacco, and even Orton, but it's probably splitting hairs at this point. Dilfer has rubbed me the wrong way from time to time, but this one...
The reason Trent Dilfer said that is because him and Sanchez are the same type of quarterback. The only thing the Ravens asked Dilfer to do is not make any mistakes that's the same thing Sanchez does in New York, because Sanchez and Dilfer know they have their fantastic defense come in and win it for them.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Sanchez had one year of college game experience and has just two seasons of NFL experience. So I am not sure what people were expecting.

I will say this, not too many 2nd year QB's are 4-2 in the post season.

His post season numbers:

60.5% completion pct, 9 TD, 3 INT, QB rating of 94.3

I don't thnk he's overrated, because I don't think that many people really rate him that high. But he's been better than some people give him credit for, particularly in the playoffs.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #54
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I can agree with you on that bk. I think the main reason Sanchez gets thrown out there a lot just has to do with the fact that he plays quarterback in New York. The media coverage is always going to focus on him, especially since his coach is a loudmouth who revels in riling up the media.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I can agree with you on that bk. I think the main reason Sanchez gets thrown out there a lot just has to do with the fact that he plays quarterback in New York. The media coverage is always going to focus on him, especially since his coach is a loudmouth who revels in riling up the media.
Excellent points. I completely agree. The NY media and Rex, will always put him in the spotlight..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #56
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I'd also like to propose an honorable mention for player most overrated by the fans of his team.

John Kuhn. The Nick Punto of the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »