Home

TO tears ACL filming tv show

This is a discussion on TO tears ACL filming tv show within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: TO tears ACL filming tv show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Yeah, I saw that blurb in the article, I was just going off how I've seen guys respond to ACL surgery. November is the "best" of best case scenarios. Most guys talk about how they aren't all the way back until at least a year. It's not totally impossible for a guy like T.O. to bounce back, but at a certain point a 37 year old body is going to stop cooperating, and the planting and cutting required by the position puts another wrinkle in things. I just have a hard time imagining him playing this season, especially since you don't just plug a guy into an unfamiliar offense and expect him to push a team over the top. It didn't work with Moss and he was completely healthy. That's all I was getting at.
It really depends on his role in the offense, even playing only a couple downs/drive if he can get healthy late in the season he'll have a job waiting for him on a team somewhere if he puts in the work to rehab.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

If a team loses a WR, then they may give him a tryout. Unless you are really hurting at WR, I don't see why you would sign him. Also if you did sign him, it should be for league minimum with incentives.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Maybe this was best for Owens. Instead of going out as a shell of himself in the next few years - as we've cringed and watch countless of once great players do - he's forced to retire due to no one wanting him at that age with that kind of an injury. It works out perfectly for him to stroke his own ego and say he was forced to quit instead of realizing grandfather time was about to lay the pimp hand down hard and soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

TO was a great receiver and a hilarious personality to watch. I never wanted him on my team though. I hope in spite of his perception that he gets into the hall of fame in reasonable time. With that said, his football career is over.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

Drew Rosenhaus (sp) is saying that T.O. had successful ACL surgery and could be back to playing football in August. As in August 2011? Never heard of someone coming back form ACL surgery in less than 2 months.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Drew Rosenhaus (sp) is saying that T.O. had successful ACL surgery and could be back to playing football in August. As in August 2011? Never heard of someone coming back form ACL surgery in less than 2 months.
I thought I remembered someone on ESPN saying that it was a minor surgery compared to most knee reconstructions because the other ligaments in the knee were perfectly fine and it was an "easy repair." And Rosenhaus said the same thing....was operated on by James Andrews (who also said he could be back by August), and it was only the ACL, nothing else in the knee.

I still don't see August as possible, but I would not be surprised for an October return.

By the way, it wouldn't be two months. He had the surgery in April.

Rosenhaus also debated the title of this thread, that it was "ridiculous" that people were saying it happened on the TV show, since the show started filming and such after the injury had happened.

Last edited by Beantown; 06-28-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Rosenhaus is a excellent marketer known for his outlandish statements regarding his clients..Know way in the world he comes back from a ACL in @ months...it takes at least 3months to get dx clearance to beging doing any meaningful running...As someoene who has had this surgery and as someone who has coached players who have had this surgey 6 months is a plausible scenario but even at 6 months he will not have the strength, explosiveness,or quickness that will make him a productive receiver especially at 37-38..Whoever signs him in Nov-Dec will be doing it strictly on a name and ticket sales basis..A good playoff bound team will not take him on and risk messing up team chemistry..If he truly wants to come back he should spend this year rehabbing and make next year his swan song with an incentive laden contract..Mind you some and most arent the same after this type of surgery...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Rosenhaus is a excellent marketer known for his outlandish statements regarding his clients..Know way in the world he comes back from a ACL in @ months...it takes at least 3months to get dx clearance to beging doing any meaningful running
Again, apparently he had the surgery in mid-April, not recently. April-August is 4 months which, for someone who has been a physical freak like TO and knows how train, with damn good trainers and doctors watching over you, isn't too unrealistic. Late-August to Early September is possible, but I don't expect anything real from him until October at the earliest. Maybe November if a team puts him on the PUP list to start the season, if there is a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.com
Agent Drew Rosenhaus called in to ESPN's "SportsCenter" on Tuesday to clarify the reports on Owens' injury and said the receiver had the surgery in April and will be ready to hit the football field in August.

"He's many, many months into his recovery now. He's doing fantastic," Rosenhaus told ESPN. He said Dr. James Andrews, who performed the surgery on Owens, was confident the 37-year-old receiver had a chance to play as soon as August.

Rosenhaus called speculation that Owens was contemplating retirement "nonsense."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »