Home

The 2011 CFL Season

This is a discussion on The 2011 CFL Season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
The 2011 CFL Season

Since we had a thread last year and there's an AFL thread here, let's get this one started.

Half an hour away from kickoff between the 2x defending Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes and BC Lions.

I think BC will be really improved this year now that they don't have a revolving door of quarterbacks. Montreal will still be Montreal but I think this is the year they show signs of a drop-off. I'm thinking Hamilton will either finish 1st in the East or knock off the Als in the playoffs. Maybe even both.

Anyways, prediction time:

East

Montreal
Hamilton
Winnipeg (if Buck Pierce is healthy. If not, disregard this completely )
Toronto

West

Saskatchewan (best record in the league)
Calgary
BC
Edmonton (worst record in the league)

Grey Cup

Hamilton over Calgary

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The 2011 CFL Season

If the Bombers can win the close games this year, and Buck stays healthy I think they have a very good chance at finishing second in the east, with Montreal taking the division again.

So my predictions are:

East:
Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Toronto

West:
Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton

Grey Cup:
Montreal over Calgary ('08 Rematch)

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

EAST

Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Winnipeg

WEST

Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton

Grey Cup

Calgary over Hamilton

I have really high hopes for the Ti-Cats. I think they'll be able to win the close games this year and they finally have a legit running threat in Avon Cobourne.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was at the game last night (Als vs Lions in Montreal).

Montreal was REALLY dominating during the first half, it really felt like they would roll over the Lions.

Second half was a totally different story. The Lions obviously made some changes and managed to prevent the Als from scoring too often or be dangerous at all. With only a Field Goal to show for in the second half, the Als really played with fire.

Thanks to a couple of strange decisions by Buono in the 4th quarter (mainly not going for it on 3rd and short towards the end of the game) and some key stops by the Als defense near the end, they managed to run away with it.

Good job MTL!

PS:

For those asking why it wasn't sold out (22 000 out of 25 000 seats), keep in mind june 30th and july 1st are moving days in quebec. In Montreal alone, more than 100 000 owners/renters are in transit during these two days. Just a case of poor scheduling. It sucks that it broke our streak of 105 sold out games!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

First win of the season, plus it was on the road (last road win was in October '09) and it was a close game (9 games lost by 4 pts or less last season). Yeaaaah buddy.

It wasn't pretty, but the defense played well. Suber had a great game. I swear every time I see him running around on the field I think of the Predator. Hell, the way he caught that pick 6 even looked like a Predator holding a skull.

Also, Buck Pierce took one of the most vicious sacks I've ever seen. Funny that he gets hit like that but actually doesn't get hurt for once.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
First win of the season, plus it was on the road (last road win was in October '09) and it was a close game (9 games lost by 4 pts or less last season). Yeaaaah buddy.

It wasn't pretty, but the defense played well. Suber had a great game. I swear every time I see him running around on the field I think of the Predator. Hell, the way he caught that pick 6 even looked like a Predator holding a skull.

Also, Buck Pierce took one of the most vicious sacks I've ever seen. Funny that he gets hit like that but actually doesn't get hurt for once.
I watched that game and thought THE EXACT same thing about Suber. This guy is special for sure.

Buck took one nasty sack. Glad to see he came back. Let's hope he stays healthy for bombers fans.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

Man Hamilton blew it tonight. I really don't like the playcalling of Khari Jones. What's with the almost "dink and dunk" type of offense that he has them running?! Glenn is a good QB but the guy can't throw very deep in a league where you need that arm strength.

Oh well at least their defense played well and Coborne looked good.

Oh and yeah, that sack on Pierce was VICIOUS! You know damn well that might've gotten a flag if it was in the NFL.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

Geez EDM looked explosive tonight and hey Matt Barnes' bro looks like he has a future in this league!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »