Home

Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike

This is a discussion on Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The fact that Vick got a second chance does not mean that it is indisputable that he deserved that second chance.
Well that at least is a matter of opinion. And we can have a logical discussion about that.

In my opinion everyone gets a second chance especially when they lost so much. Others have different lines that decide whether or not you get one. Mine stops at murder and child abuse, and even for those guys i would begrudge them trying to live their lives after paying their debt to society as long as they arent profiting off of what they did.

If Vick wrote a dog fighting book or was trying to sell dogfight videos on youtube i would be disgusted. Much like the whole OJ "if I did it" fiasco. But him going back to doing what he does, and becoming successful at it. I personally cant be mad at that and think others that are mad are a bit off in their perception.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #74
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Pretty much all the people I know that hunt eat what they kill. Totally different than offing dogs for sport. And they share with non-hunters as well. My freezer has a bunch of delicious venison in it that I didn't kill myself.

As for the original topic? I don't care. Of course Nike is going to sign a guy who is playing well and everyone is talking about. It's a no-brainer business decision.
So if Vick would have eaten the dogs would that have made it better? LOL.

#NOTASERIOUS?#

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Must... not... respond to... obvious... troll baiting...

facepalm, ok BK one more time-

You dont have to like that Micheal Vick gets a second chance, but you cant deny the fact that he deserves a second chance. You pretty much agreed with that point. If you dont get that please at least explain how it doesnt make sense im done trying to explain why it does.
You can do the facepalm thing or deflect however you want. It doesn't change the fact you're basically saying a bunch of nothing. Don't get mad at me because you don't make sense, or don't have an actual point.

Whether he deserves a second chance is certainly debatable. There's no constitutional right to 2nd chances. It's not one of your inalienable rights. Whether he deserves a 2nd chance or not is strictly a matter of opinion. The fact of the matter is he got one.. Does that bother me? Not particularly. But I see why people don't think he deserved one. And that's well within their rights to believe that. He's a convicted felon who's getting a second chance strictly because he's a good football player. Simple as that.

I understand why certain people blindly defend him, I get it. I feel sorry for them, but that's s discussion for another forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #76
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

#NOTASERIOUS?#
LOL, no. I was commenting on the fact that people were trying to compare the two. Your post helps underline the point that it's a ridiculous comparison.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

#NOTASERIOUS?#
Would have been better than killing them simply for entertainment? I would say yes. Hunting is a comlpetely different issue. Not one that I support either mind you.

Maybe you and guys like Vick don't understand compassion.

Animal torture is often considered a sign of being of several psychological disorders.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Seeing as the 4th was yesterday. I figure id pull out the old American theory that everyone gets a second chance.

Im happy to see Vick get his. I hope he does well with it. A lot of people feel otherwise for illogical, highly emotional, and unrealistic reasons. To each is own. But no one can really say that people in this country dont get second chances. You can be angry all you want but at least be honest about that.
Lol @ "illogical, highly emotional, and unrealistic reasons". So it's unrealistic and illogical for people not to like him or not forgive him for what he did?

Whatever you say.....

The funny thing is I'm one of the people who have let it go/forgiven him.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You can do the facepalm thing or deflect however you want. It doesn't change the fact you're basically saying a bunch of nothing. Don't get mad at me because you don't make sense, or don't have an actual point.

Whether he deserves a second chance is certainly debatable. There's no constitutional right to 2nd chances. It's not one of your inalienable rights. Whether he deserves a 2nd chance or not is strictly a matter of opinion. The fact of the matter is he got one.. Does that bother me? Not particularly. But I see why people don't think he deserved one. And that's well within their rights to believe that. He's a convicted felon who's getting a second chance strictly because he's a good football player. Simple as that.

I understand why certain people blindly defend him, I get it. I feel sorry for them, but that's s discussion for another forum.
BK i cant discuss things with you because you clearly have always had a lot of internet mojo when it comes to dealing with people you disagree with.

You tell me I dont have a point even though you just agreed with it a few posts ago. Then you go on to reverse on that point or purposeful fail to put two and two together in a logically fallacious attempt to make it seem like i havent been making sense. Lastly you straw man me into a group of people that i have never identified with, nor does my actual argument even put me close to. I could write a paper on this type of typical message board nonsense.

If you dont think he deserves a second chance I respect your opinion i understand why, but i think its crap and makes little sense. If you think that dogfighting is so egregious that he should not have had the chance to get back into football, either you are looking at this through highly tinted eyes, or are some type of otherwordly saint. Its all got a very fox newslike selective outrage quality that i find ridiculous but whatever. At least you gave me enough respect to respond to my point that you didnt understand but agreed with...
Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
BK i cant discuss things with you because you clearly have always had a lot of internet mojo when it comes to dealing with people you disagree with.

You tell me I dont have a point even though you just agreed with it a few posts ago. Then you go on to reverse on that point or purposeful fail to put two and two together in a logically fallacious attempt to make it seem like i havent been making sense. Lastly you straw man me into a group of people that i have never identified with, nor does my actual argument even put me close to. I could write a paper on this type of typical message board nonsense.

If you dont think he deserves a second chance I respect your opinion i understand why, but i think its crap and makes little sense. If you think that dogfighting is so egregious that he should not have had the chance to into football, either you are looking at this through highly tinted eyes, or are some type of otherwordly saint. Its all got a very fox newslike selective outrage quality that i find ridiculous but whatever. At least you gave me enough respect to respond to my point that yo didnt understand but agreed with...
I didn't straw many you in to anything. Never said I included you in to that group.

Did I say he didn't deserve a second chance? Nope.

I said getting a second chance isn't an inalienable right as you seem to be intimating. The notion you can't deny he deserves a second chance is simply false. As I said that's strictly opinion and certainly for debate. And again the fact of the matter is, he got his second chance because he's good at football.

Do I think he deserves a second chance? Again for the 5th time, I don't care either way. I am indifferent. Do I understand why people don't think he should get one? Absolutely.

I didn't think what I said was that complex. Apparently it was.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »