Home

Matt Ryan. Future Peyton Manning?

This is a discussion on Matt Ryan. Future Peyton Manning? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Matt Ryan. Future Peyton Manning?

I don't think this is as terrible a question as some are making it out to be.

I doubt Ryan will become as good as Manning is, but he IS very young still and has the potential to be very good.

With ever evolving offenses, he could be a quarterback we are talking about in the future as the best pure pocket passer in the game (at whatever that time is, not all time).

I'm not ready or confident to make that prediction, but at the same time, I haven't seen anything from Ryan to make me say there is no chance he could be one of the better quarterbacks of his era...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #26
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
How can this even be possible?

Joe Flacco is better than Matt Ryan.

Seriously. Look at the stats. Look at the playoff performances. Matt Ryan isn't even at Flacco's level, let alone ever going to be Peyton Manning.

OK, I just looked at the stats. I don't see what your seeing. They are almost identical. Except the playoff performances. Which Matt Ryan is better.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think this is as terrible a question as some are making it out to be.

I doubt Ryan will become as good as Manning is, but he IS very young still and has the potential to be very good.

With ever evolving offenses, he could be a quarterback we are talking about in the future as the best pure pocket passer in the game (at whatever that time is, not all time).

I'm not ready or confident to make that prediction, but at the same time, I haven't seen anything from Ryan to make me say there is no chance he could be one of the better quarterbacks of his era...
even if matt ryan becomes the best quarterback of his generation, that wouldn't really make him anywhere near peyton manning. it's an unfair comparison to everyone involved.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #28
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
OK, I just looked at the stats. I don't see what your seeing. They are almost identical. Except the playoff performances. Which Matt Ryan is better.
Not to make this a full-fledged debate, but we must at least take note of their situations. Ryan has better talent around him everywhere including the line. Flacco does have the better defense, though, so I'm not going to credit him for team playoff successes.

As for the OP, I don't think anybody in the league today is the next Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is known for his incredible work ethic and willingness to study the game. He's so cerebral, people tend to overlook the fact that he's top-3 in both arm strength and arm accuracy for QBs. The guy is incredibly well-rounded.

Now, in terms of managing a game, as you revised your question, it's still a "no" from me. Peyton Manning's control of his offense is probably the greatest ever. We'd probably have to look back to the days of Player-Coach-Owners to find that kind of control of a unit by a player. lol

I do think Matt Ryan will be a top-5 QB during his prime, though.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #29
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

When Matt Ryan can be an offensive coordinator and QB at the same time then we can start comparing.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #30
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

I don't see how you can say Ryan has better talent everywhere except defense compared to Flacco. Turner/Snelling is a toss up with Rice/McGahee. All the Falcons have at WR is White. Jones is unproven an Gonzalez is old an doesn't get any seperation anymore. The Ravens have Boldin, Hous, Mason, and Heap. I would easily choose the Ravens recieving core right now. The OL are pretty even imo. Then we have the defense. Flaccos is a top 5 D while Ryans is average at best.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #31
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Not to make this a full-fledged debate, but we must at least take note of their situations. Ryan has better talent around him everywhere including the line. Flacco does have the better defense, though, so I'm not going to credit him for team playoff successes.

As for the OP, I don't think anybody in the league today is the next Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is known for his incredible work ethic and willingness to study the game. He's so cerebral, people tend to overlook the fact that he's top-3 in both arm strength and arm accuracy for QBs. The guy is incredibly well-rounded.

Now, in terms of managing a game, as you revised your question, it's still a "no" from me. Peyton Manning's control of his offense is probably the greatest ever. We'd probably have to look back to the days of Player-Coach-Owners to find that kind of control of a unit by a player. lol

I do think Matt Ryan will be a top-5 QB during his prime, though.

There is nothing to debate. I don't think there have ever been two young qb's with closer stats after starting their first three years. In no way can you "look at the stats" to prove Flacco has been better than Ryan.

I don't like comparing young players to icons who have been in the league for years. While I like Ryan as a qb and think he will be one of the top qb's for years, I don't see Peyton when I watch him. I see something new. I see Matt Ryan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

4 eli mannings does not equal one peyton when you watch him your watching one of the top 5 of all time. to compare is not fair to matt he is a bright young qb but lets see what he does a little longer before we compare him to peyton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »