Home

Kerry Collins has retired.

This is a discussion on Kerry Collins has retired. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kerry Collins has retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Without comparing stats, my impression is he's just another Jeff George, a serviceable journeyman, that's all.
Wow, Jeff George. A low blow. Jeff George was a super talented qb with attitude issues so bad teams couldn't get rid of him fast enough. As of last year he was still trying to get back in the league. MN won't take his phone calls.

Kerry had a good career. Its weird how some players off the field issues (even after they get resolved) seem to haunt their image the rest of their career while others can find trouble of all sorts and people line up to appologize for them.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Kerry Collins had a very up and down career and went through a lot. There was a period of time when he was almost at the elite level but for most of his career he was a very good journeyman type. I believe he even had alcohol issues that he eventually got over so all the more credit goes to him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Kerry Collins had a very up and down career and went through a lot. There was a period of time when he was almost at the elite level but for most of his career he was a very good journeyman type. I believe he even had alcohol issues that he eventually got over so all the more credit goes to him.
I'm glad for him that he got over his personal problems.

As a Titans fan I'm even more glad he won't be back. Me and my buddies always joked that he must of had so dirt on Fisher to stay on the field during his multiple 5+ game losing streaks. He was a horrible Titan's QB that did nothing but hold us back. He's the kind of qb that was just good enough to lose.
PS4: Nothing currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #12
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I really liked him in 2008, ever since.... I've started to not like him more and more every season.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #13
Rookie

drake_33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I really liked him in 2008, ever since.... I've started to not like him more and more every season.
Yeah, I agree with you. He was a very good back-up, but his performance has decreased gradually since 2008. Have nothing against the guy though, he seems like a good person.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

He probably should have retired an offseason ago but since Fisher was still around then Kerry always knew he'd have the coaching staff on his side and edging to get him in the game any way they could. Plus they paid him a stupid amount to keep him around - the last in a long line of Fisher favoured veterans.

It was a solid career but the most remarkable part was how he managed to be a starter for as long as he did. In each of his individual stops it made some sense but how he managed to find these situations can only come down to very good timing and extreme luck. He made a crap load of money for not being quite good enough at the NFL's best position. I doubt anyone so average has been a starter for so long at QB in the NFL, particularly after a very shakey start to his career.

Anyway, he was known as KFC for a reason and that was because he just could not for the life of him come up big when it counted and often did some very stupid things at key moments not reflected on the stat sheets, but he still had his moments, like that elite performance against the Steelers in the 2008 regular season.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #15
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I've always been a fan of Collins. I really liked him when he was at Penn State. Obviously he has battled some demons in his life. He seems to have made it through and had a very productive career. Obviously he was never an upper echelon QB, but I consider him a guy that played the position well. I hope that he enjoys retirement. Don't figure he is a guy that we will see on TV.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

As a Panthers fan I really wish he would have not been a moron while in Charlotte. He was drafted as our franchise QB, could have been our only starting QB for our entire history thus far if he could have kept his head straight.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »