Home

Hines Ward Arrested For DUI

This is a discussion on Hines Ward Arrested For DUI within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #25
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Hines Ward Arrested For DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Like I thought the tone would be different when the next pro athlete catches a DUI. See the Ryan Dunn thread.
You mean people arent skewering Hines Ward like they did the other guy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
You mean people arent skewering Hines Ward like they did the other guy?
Exactly

Like I said in the other thread the tone would be different if it were a pro athlete.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #27
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Alcohol being outlawed would not make it go away.
Yeah it'd just lead to an underground economy and people would be committing a lot more crimes just to get alcohol to the masses.

BTW Ward is a clown for saying that he wasn't impaired yet he fails the sobriety test AND doesn't take a breath test?!

Yeah, he was drunk off his ***.

I've lost a measure of respect for the man. At least admit your mistakes. SMH.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Alcohol being outlawed would not make it go away.
deffently wouldnt. I wasnt alive when alcohol was outlawed before, but I sure have read alot about it. It was significantly worse when it was outlawed crime wise, it would probaly decrease drunk driving because you would be more likely to drink at home than in some black market bar, but it would never go away.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #29
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Like I thought the tone would be different when the next pro athlete catches a DUI. See the Ryan Dunn thread.
What? I certainly don't see Hines getting a pass in this thread.

Just thankful they got him before he flew off the road or hit an innocent person.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #30
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Exactly

Like I said in the other thread the tone would be different if it were a pro athlete.
Gotta disagree. Someone called for him to get kicked out the league a few years. Others saying he's a *******. What's so different other than the crowd of the two threads?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

If anyone feels the news cycle is being kind to Hines Ward, it's probably because it's the weekend and official information is much more limited. Once police reports and stuff are released we'll get more than just TMZ and Ward's side of the story.

Much of that kind of stuff is public record by the way, no 'violations of privacy' going on here like one poster suggested... hey you don't happen to be that 'leave Britney alone' guy by any chance?

For any that haven't seen the full statement:

Quote:
"On July 9th Hines Ward was stopped by Dekalb Co. police for suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence. He cooperated fully with the police and truthfully answered all of their questions. We are currently in the process of ascertaining all the facts. From our preliminary investigation we can tell you that we are confident that the facts will show that Hines was NOT impaired by alcohol while driving. However, Hines is deeply saddened by this incident and apologizes to his fans and the Steelers organization for this distraction."
Words may seem chosen carefully because his agent and manager is also an Atlanta attorney. Guessing not everyone's agents would be doing an 'investigation' outside of 'hey did you do it, ok, lets release a statement'.

If he's found to be as guilty as initially advertised I hope the outcry is defeaning and more is done to prevent this stuff or remove the privilege of playing football from the individuals who're willing to put others' lives at risk.

Otherwise, I guess someone will have to go up onto a curb and take out a bus stop full of people or something for change to actually happen. Sure there's the Stallworth incident as previous precedent, but he hit a jaywalker and after cooperating fully only a blood test revealed he was even intoxicated - it's not quite the same when the victim shares fault for the accident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/steele...d-1006903.html

According to police, a passenger in Ward’s car had not been drinking, and he was allowed to drive the car instead of it being impounded.
Why wasn't this person driving to begin with? If Ward had 1 drink, this person should have been driving. Ward is just plain stupid and if guilty, throw the book at him for being an idiot or not caring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »