Home

Who were the Winners and Loser During the Lockout(Teams)

This is a discussion on Who were the Winners and Loser During the Lockout(Teams) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Who were the Winners and Loser During the Lockout(Teams)

Winners- Teams that had injuries to heal and teams that stayed with the same coaching staffs and schemes.

Losers- Teams that will implement a new starting QB and teams with new coaching staffs.

In the NFC North, the Packers benefited by healing their injuries of Jermichael Finley(contract year) and Ryan Grant. The Bears and Lions benefited because they have the same coaching staffs, but the Bears need OL help and the Lions need to address their secondary.

The Vikings are, I feel, under the loser catagory because they need to get a new QB up to speed and have Sidney Rice as a FA. Leslie Frasier is a new head coach, too.

How about the other teams and conferences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Who were the Winners and Loser During the Lockout(Teams)

Beyond any team trying to break in a new quarterback, I'll call the Cowboys losers because we're apparently going to have to cut a large amount of money (i.e. veteran players) to get under the salary cap. Jerruh took a gamble on the uncapped year, and that appears to have backfired, if my understanding of the situation is correct.

We were bound to part with some of these guys, but the sheer amount of money we've got to cut is going to result in us either cutting players we otherwise wouldn't have or letting one of our key unrestricted free agents go.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

NFC South:

Winners: New Orleans Saints, little to no coaching change. Brees and Vilma practically represent Sean Payton and Gregg Williams respectively as on field leaders so I feel confident in the workouts they've lead. Many guys had injuries, but they weren't major injuries like an ACL that needed serious therapy and as far as I know everyone will be in Training Camp healthy. Added some great pieces through the draft that i'm sure got a hold of the playbooks from various people.

Losers: Tampa Bay, was gonna go with Carolina but it's Carolina they already had lost. A really young team that had a lot of injuries throughout last season. I feel this team being away from each other for that long won't exactly help them but who knows.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Redskins as one of the losers from this lock out..we drafted 12 this year and the players had no offseason workouts and all that would've have done some good for them to see what we have..now we have to rush things.

winner: Albert Haynesworth - no OTAs for him
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by Checmate101; 07-26-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
NFC South:Losers: Tampa Bay, was gonna go with Carolina but it's Carolina they already had lost. A really young team that had a lot of injuries throughout last season. I feel this team being away from each other for that long won't exactly help them but who knows.
Low blow. But you're right, I fully expect them to lose 16 games and not draft Andrew Luck next year. I don't think Deangelo will be back, and if Steve Smith is, he will be in jail before the end of the season for killing a teammate (probably Clausen)

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm glad there was a lock out.

Without a lockout: Titans suck, maybe win 5-6 games, get top 10 pick.

With lockout: Titans really suck, maybe win 3-4 games, get top 5 pick...due to having new coaching staff, QB, etc, hence getting us a better player to help our crappy team slowly get better, and speed up the firing process for this abysmal staff they have put together since they idiotically fired Fisher.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Probably wont know until several weeks into the season. One thing is for sure, every bad team and it's fans will have this excuse read to go.

Either way, for 10 years of labor peace, this was worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »