Home

Bold predictions thread 2011.

This is a discussion on Bold predictions thread 2011. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #73
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Bold predictions thread 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
But predictions are....show me an expert prediction which has the eagles missing the playoffs. Otherwise...are we just trying to be cutesy about it?
Bold predictions thread. Its not very bold to predict the team that bought the most free agents makes the playoffs. The experts are predicting them to win the division. That is exactly why it is bold (and no not bold print) to not make the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs. But that isn't a bold prediction. Go out on a limb. Say something crazy. Say something that no one else is saying. That is what a bold prediction is.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #74
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
But predictions are....show me an expert prediction which has the eagles missing the playoffs. Otherwise...are we just trying to be cutesy about it?
No, predictions aren't always just based on a team's talent. There's that whole history thing, too. There have been many teams with supreme talent and not so supreme seasons. Things like injuries, slumps, running into hot teams, etc., can drastically affect a team's record positively or negatively.

I don't see why you're so bent out of shape by the Eagles not being everyone's favorite. People can have differing opinions, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Bold predictions thread. Its not very bold to predict the team that bought the most free agents makes the playoffs. The experts are predicting them to win the division. That is exactly why it is bold (and no not bold print) to not make the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs. But that isn't a bold prediction. Go out on a limb. Say something crazy. Say something that no one else is saying. That is what a bold prediction is.
Right, be bold, but have a reason behind it. And with the Eagles, there are plenty.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #75
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not predicting the Eagles to miss the playoffs, that's some bold stuff, but there is another factor to consider. They have a first year defensive coordinator that has spent his entire career as an offensive line coach. All these acquisitions are in direct response to that fact. It's like they are trying to take as much guesswork out of the equation as possible make things as simple as they can be for him. But it's a whole other coaching skill getting that talent to function as one unit, then be able to keep a clear head and play that chess game on Sundays when things start going against you and you get behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #76
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Good LORD, people. Come on.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #77
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Personally....I think they lose another NFCC game in Philly. Would love to be proven wrong however....
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #78
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Talk about missing the entire point of the thread.

This isn't "2011 Season Predictions," in which I bet quite a few of us would have the Eagles winning their division, making the playoffs, winning games, etc.

This is a for fun thread where people say bold, sometimes even illogical as you call them, predictions so they can say they said it would happen if it actually happens. It's for things like "Pats won't lose a game," "Eagles won't make the playoffs," "Cowboys will pick first in next year's draft" and the like.

Again, you're taking it too seriously because people's bold predictions go against your team.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #79

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Personally....I think they lose another NFCC game in Philly. Would love to be proven wrong however....
You just get so upset whenever someone says something in a negative light about your team.

Bold Predictions:
Matt Moore starts week 1 against New England

Dolphins suck for luck (or Barkley)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #80
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
None of this is bold to me. Haha.
I think the Falcons making the NFC Championship is pretty bold. They have a hell of a schedule and in the NFC South, that could easily be enough to finish 3rd in the division and miss the playoffs entirely.

And I didn't quote the person that said it, but I think the Eagles would still easily make the playoffs if Vick goes down.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »