Home

Pro football: Who and Why?

This is a discussion on Pro football: Who and Why? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 AM   #33
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pro football: Who and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyxHarmon
Probably the only Ravens fan in all of Colts country.

I live right in the middle of it. An hour away from Lucas Oil, everyone loves the Colts, but after the playoffs are done (aka, colts eliminated), No one cares. Everyone else is a Steelers fan for some odd reason.

That's where the Ravens come into play. I loved Ray Rice at Rutgers and I followed him to the NFL. It makes it that much sweeter when we beat the Steelers, knowing the next day I go into a building filled with people who don't care about their team anymore. Hell, the day after they lost in the playoffs last year,I wore my jersey to school. I'm never going to stop loving the Ravens until I die.
Same in Carolina. No offense to the few diehards in the Carolinas, but Panthers fans are the most wish-washy fans I have ever seen. It seems like they always have a Cowboys, Steelers, or Redskins jersey on stand by.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Chiefs. Born into it.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Dallas.

Out of all my current favorite teams (this excludes the NBA because I quit watching it altogether), they are the one where I would consider myself the most "bandwagon", at least in the beginning. I started watching (and understanding) football in the early 90's, and latched onto the Cowboys because, basically, they were on TV all the time. Also because I loved watching Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman play the game.

The fact that I am still a Cowboy fan to this day, however, shows that I am no bandwagoner. I still remember the Quincy Carter/Dave Campo years....dark times, indeed. And I feel that the team will never really get back to where they were until JJ takes a step back (and that will likely never happen of his own will )

Being from MO I do have more than a passing interest in the Rams as well, though they are not my favorite.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-05-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #36
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm from here, and my entire family is entirely made up of passionate Packers fans.

I grew attached to the Packers at a very young age. When I was around 3 my parents used to get me to eat my mashed potatoes by calling them "Don Majkowski mashed potatoes". I don't know why that worked, but it did. I remember in 2nd grade hanging a crudely drawn picture off the front of my desk at school that was essentially Favre Jersey + Freeman Jersey = Lombardi Trophy. And lo and behold, we won Super Bowl XXXI that year. I ran around the house in my pajamas yelling "WE DID IT! WE DID IT!" like the toys at the end of Toy Story after that game ended. To me, there's nothing better than a Sunday. The whole family gathers around the TV and shouts their guts out for 3 hours rooting for the Packers. Most of my favorite family memories are related to Packers games.

This past February we all gathered around the TV, like we do every other Sunday, and watched Super Bowl XLV. I have yet to reach most life milestones. Marriage, kids, all that. So right now, that Sunday is my favorite day ever. The nervous silence as we all left the house to go to my Aunt's to watch the game. The screaming "GO! GO! GO! TOUCHDOWN!!!!" after the Nick Collins pick-6. And the last drive, when nobody in the entire house could sit down or sit still. I was pacing back and forth the entire time. And then the jumping, screaming, and hugging when that 4th down pass fell incomplete. And yes, a tear or two from a few of the grown men in that room.

The Packers mean more to me than pretty much anything else, save for the obvious things like friends and family. The Packers are a part of my family. They bring us closer together. And that's why I love them.

/diatribe
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 31

Still can't believe we had a shot to win the game at the end. Awful game.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #38
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Detroit, and its all because of Madden'92 and Madden '93. I was born in '91, but back then getting the newest rosters didn't matter. I remember watching my dad play with the Lions and get a ton of yards with their running back against my brother. I thought he was awesome. I found out that man's name was Barry Sanders, and I've been a fan ever since.

I also enjoy the Eagles (not nearly as much as the Lions). They were my team when I finally bought my first Madden game since '93. Barry had retired by then, so McNabb replaced him as my favorite active player.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #39
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

49ers
Mostly because of Jerry Rice and Joe Montana.

Pats
I'm Canadian but claim Boston home teams if the Canadian teams don't exsist or are futile. (So anything but hockey.) Plus my aunt always brought me Patriots stuff cause she lived in Boston.

Eagles
Mostly because of hearing about Randall Cunningham and the swagger/aura around the team.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

I became a 49er fan in 2nd grade. It was the year they played the Bengals in the Superbowl and our teacher made us make posters supporting the Bengals. I made one to support the 9ers for some reason and here I am, a month from being 30 years old, a die hard 9ers fan since the age of 7.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »