Home

Randy Moss Retires

This is a discussion on Randy Moss Retires within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #57
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Randy Moss Retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
...and I think his time after NE last year was an ugly reminder of how much of a pouter he can be...
It almost seems like this retirement is just another pouting episode...

Randy Moss: What? None of the teams I want to play for will give me a contract that I want? Well I'm just gonna retire then.

Anonymous GM: Aw come on Randy... We can give you a one year deal...

Randy Moss: Mm mmm.

Anonymous GM: We'll pay you in straight cash homey...

Randy Moss: Mm MMM!

Anonymous GM: Okay Randy... When you're ready to play, we'll be here and then maybe we can talk about... Mmmkay?

Randy Moss:
Old 08-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
It almost seems like this retirement is just another pouting episode...

Randy Moss: What? None of the teams I want to play for will give me a contract that I want? Well I'm just gonna retire then.

Anonymous GM: Aw come on Randy... We can give you a one year deal...

Randy Moss: Mm mmm.

Anonymous GM: We'll pay you in straight cash homey...

Randy Moss: Mm MMM!

Anonymous GM: Okay Randy... When you're ready to play, we'll be here and then maybe we can talk about... Mmmkay?

Randy Moss:
I agree... but don't think it's a big deal for him to do it bc if nobody rings his phone, he can still look back at an arguably top 5 WR ever career and a ton of straight cash homey.

I also understand what a lot of people are trying to say. I argue how mad I am at Shaq for not having a better work ethic all the time bc of how good he "could've" been. But there's a fine line between saying someone could've been better and not acknowledging how good they actually were. Plus, Moss' issue is not work ethic. I don't know how much more skilled he actually could've been. In his case, he could've been more consistent from year to year, ending up with more stats at the end of his career. His thing is more about not being trustworthy than not being a hard worker.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #59
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Oh He could have smashed every record known to man if he stopped doing other "stuff". The off field issues bled through to his on field performance, believe that. He has always been that way. Even in H.S. He sorta turned it around but not completely. I'm still proud of him nonetheless.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #60
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
...In his case, he could've been more consistent from year to year, ending up with more stats at the end of his career. His thing is more about not being trustworthy than not being a hard worker.
But his not being trustworthy could be categorized as not being a hard worker. Seems like if he's not playing for a winning team, and not getting touches... Then he goes into pout mode.

Now I suppose the argument could be made that if he would've busted his butt more it would've only boosted his stats a bit and nothing else, but at the same time I imagine he would have also drawn more interest from teams at this stage in his career.

I don't know, kind of a moot point. The dude was sick. Period.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't expect the athlete to be perfect, but do I expect him to give a damn even when it doesn't suit him? Yes. Moss isn't a WR you can plug in and he'll produce. He's a deep threat (if still that) and that's about it. His routes are pathetic and he isn't taking any slants or drags full speed over the middle.

Like PPM said, 6'4 doesn't mean crap. We've seen plenty of WR's w/ size and speed come and go. That's the problem, that's all they have. Moss has kept Moss from doing more or being in these situations. I made a comment saying I'm not sure if he can run 4.3ish speed anymore and someone said he can still run 4.5ish. In this league now, 4.5 is very average. He's not the best WR I've seen in the 15ish years I've been watching football. Irvin, Rice, Rod Smith, TO off the top of my head were better WR's. Moss just has the better highlight tape.
He did give a damn. How you can make that statement is beyond me, bro. He gave up on some plays, sure. But to say he didn't give a damn when it didn't suit him is wrong, IMO.

We all have our opinions; it's time to agree to disagree. At this point it's just going to turn into people repeating themselves, just like I've already done here a couple of times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #62
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
He did give a damn. How you can make that statement is beyond me, bro. He gave up on some plays, sure. But to say he didn't give a damn when it didn't suit him is wrong, IMO.

We all have our opinions; it's time to agree to disagree. At this point it's just going to turn into people repeating themselves, just like I've already done here a couple of times.
No no no. How you quote that sentence and make the statement you made is beyond me. I didnt say he completely didn't give a damn. I said even when the situation isn't to his liking, he should still give a damn. He himself proved that wasn't the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #63
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm gonna miss Moss. He spoke his mind in press conferences and didn't let the NFL do whatever they want.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #64
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

So will the hall of fame induct him on his first year of eligibility or will they make him wait like Cris Carter and Art Monk?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »