Home

Who Are Your Top 5 Players of the 21st Century?

This is a discussion on Who Are Your Top 5 Players of the 21st Century? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #49
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Who Are Your Top 5 Players of the 21st Century?

Honestly, I don't even think Big Ben is a top 5 QB in the NFL right now and he's in his prime. I'm really amazed at the fact that he's gotten any love at all in a top 5 of the decade list. I could see the Steelers being a top 5 team of the decade obviously, but Ben as one of the top 5 individual players? No way.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #50
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I thought someone was trying to be funny when they put mentioned his name, that's why I didn't really pay it no mind.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #51
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

IMO Brady, Manning, Ray Lewis and LT are locks. The fifth and final spot can go to a variety of different players.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #52
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
IMO Brady, Manning, Ray Lewis and LT are locks. The fifth and final spot can go to a variety of different players.
why wouldnt moss be a lock too? and ive got gonzales over lewis becuase hes probably the best TE of all time right now and lewis is great but hes not the best MLB of all time
Old 08-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I love Moss but obviously a case can easily be made against him (didn't always play hard, locker room issues, rarely went over the middle, etc). Many feel TO & Moss are a toss up. Then you have guys like Ed Reed and such.

Ray Lewis is certainly in the discussion for best MLB of all time, some media people are already saying he's the best ever. He's the centerpiece of the best defense over the last decade and the best defense ever after the '85 Bears. When you look at a players impact on his team and the game I don't think Gonzales is in Lewis' class.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 08-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #54
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I love Moss but obviously a case can easily be made against him (didn't always play hard, locker room issues, rarely went over the middle, etc). Many feel TO & Moss are a toss up. Then you have guys like Ed Reed and such.
maybe some fans have moss = TO, but most sports writers and organizations lists ive ever seen have moss #2 all time behind rice.

Quote:
Ray Lewis is certainly in the discussion for best MLB of all time, some media people are already saying he's the best ever. He's the centerpiece of the best defense over the last decade and the best defense ever after the '85 Bears. When you look at a players impact on his team and the game I don't think Gonzales is in Lewis' class.
i dont think you can fault gonzales for playing a less important position, right now hes hands down the best TE of all time though others playing now could pass him. lewis still has to contend with some others for the title of best MLB. thats why making a list of 5 is so hard. so many that deserve to be on it you can probably make a case for about 15 players.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #55
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Seeing Big Ben and Demarcus Ware's names in this thread has me

Neither of those guys are even top 5 if you're just breaking it down for offensive and defensive players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
i dont think you can fault gonzales for playing a less important position, right now hes hands down the best TE of all time though others playing now could pass him. lewis still has to contend with some others for the title of best MLB. thats why making a list of 5 is so hard. so many that deserve to be on it you can probably make a case for about 15 players.
ray lewis is better than tony gonzalez, though. it's an unquestioned opinion.

and no, there are no 15 logical and viable people who can make this list. there are a certain three that have to be on your list, or your list doesn't count: manning, lewis, brady. after that, you can debate reed, tomlinson, moss, owens, polamalu and ogden. that's about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »