Home

QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft

This is a discussion on QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #41
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft

I can't stand Pryor but this is not a good decision imo. All of a sudden players are now going to be punished for NCAA violations? What about coaches that leave a program with violations live Pete Carroll? I know he left USC before anything came out, but they are setting a precedent that they will not be able to enforce. Coaches, ADs, etc always seem to get a pass in these situations except for very recently (Tressell). Students are responsible for making the schools money and have to accept all the responsibility for violations. This system is crazy.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #42
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I rather like the decision. It sends a message that kids can't duck out of responsibility and try to cash in. He agreed to that 5-game suspension with the NCAA, and now he thinks he can just bail out on his agreed-upon arrangement. This way, he's still holding up his end of the bargain.
I agree with this, I like the decision to match his college suspension and suspend him for 5 games. I'm glad he is eligible to be in the draft.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #43
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I rather like the decision. It sends a message that kids can't duck out of responsibility and try to cash in. He agreed to that 5-game suspension with the NCAA, and now he thinks he can just bail out on his agreed-upon arrangement. This way, he's still holding up his end of the bargain.
Sorry that don't fly!! You can't suspend for what they did in college. NCAA need to clean up there on mess not the NFL... Did the NFL doing anything to Pete Carroll?? Plus Pryor was kickout out of Ohio State.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #44
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Sorry that don't fly!! You can't suspend for what they did in college. NCAA need to clean up there on mess not the NFL... Did the NFL doing anything to Pete Carroll?? Plus Pryor was kickout out of Ohio State.
Pryor was not kicked out of Ohio State.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #45
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I get the precedent thing, but in the end, in this particular situation, it won't really matter because I highly doubt Pryor would be touching the field in the first 5 games anyway lol.

But I do get where some people might thing this is a bad precedent.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #46
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee
I can't stand Pryor but this is not a good decision imo. All of a sudden players are now going to be punished for NCAA violations? What about coaches that leave a program with violations live Pete Carroll? I know he left USC before anything came out, but they are setting a precedent that they will not be able to enforce. Coaches, ADs, etc always seem to get a pass in these situations except for very recently (Tressell). Students are responsible for making the schools money and have to accept all the responsibility for violations. This system is crazy.
Carroll wasn't disciplined by the NCAA -- the institution was. The only thing they said was that Carroll should've known. Big difference.

It sets a dangerous precendent but it's about damn time in my opinion. The NFL has been giving free money in the form of advertising to massive audiences to these colleges and they have a vested interest in protecting the integrity of the perception of their league.

It's still a business first, people -- remember that.

I, for one, am now looking at guys like Wilfork, McGahee, Gore, and the others in a little bit of a different light than I was a few days ago. The NFL realizes that and is now ready to take action on it. The next step will be completely banning any and all agents from representing prospective NFL players that are associated with this activity.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #47
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Apparently, it does fly, because it's happening. The NCAA and the NFL have a relationship, and it's clear the NFL is going to honor the arrangement made between Pryor and the NCAA.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #48
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Pryor was not kicked out of Ohio State.
I thought he's ban from come in contact of Ohio State? Bottom line he didn't committ a rule voliation in NFL ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »