Home

QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft

This is a discussion on QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #57

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: QB Pryor denied entry into Supplemental Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I rather like the decision. It sends a message that kids can't duck out of responsibility and try to cash in. He agreed to that 5-game suspension with the NCAA, and now he thinks he can just bail out on his agreed-upon arrangement. This way, he's still holding up his end of the bargain.
So what about Marvin Austin and Greg Little? They were deemed permanently ineligible but were able to go in the draft and make it big.

The NFL should not suspend people for issues that occurred in college.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #58

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
He would have already spent those first 5 games on the bench anyway, so I definitely agree.
That doesn't matter, its all about precedent.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #59
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
So what about Marvin Austin and Greg Little? They were deemed permanently ineligible but were able to go in the draft and make it big.

I don't like that one bit. They shouldn't have been allowed in. It sends a message to kids that breaking the rules is fine because you can always just go to the NFL and make it big if you're skilled enough. The message diminishes character. The teams that draft these kids are just as much to blame.

If the NFL wants to fill itself with kids who break the rules and expect star treatment, it can keep allowing these kids in. But the NFL shouldn't be surprised when these same kids are caught taking performance-enhancing drugs, or otherwise banned actions.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #60
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino

Agreed this opens up a can of worms I don't think the commissioner wants to get into. Especially with this whole Miami thing on the radar. Just because your infraction is old it doesn't make it ok.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #61
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

At this point I don't care if they allow boosters to pay kids out right. Really who is it hurting? There really isn't much parity in college sports anyways.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #62
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
At this point I don't care if they allow boosters to pay kids out right. Really who is it hurting? There really isn't much parity in college sports anyways.
I want to say that the integrity of the sport is at stake, but it's becoming quite clear that this stuff is just the norm for college. Either the NCAA is horrible at governing its colleges, or it knows. My only beef is that I don't want to see college football turn into a spending free for all where smaller colleges with less boosters can't compete. Next thing we know, we have booster salary caps? No thanks.

If I'm the NCAA, I would put away the whip and bring out the cat o' nine tails and start cracking it.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #63
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I want to say that the integrity of the sport is at stake, but it's becoming quite clear that this stuff is just the norm for college. Either the NCAA is horrible at governing its colleges, or it knows. My only beef is that I don't want to see college football turn into a spending free for all where smaller colleges with less boosters can't compete. Next thing we know, we have booster salary caps? No thanks.

If I'm the NCAA, I would put away the whip and bring out the cat o' nine tails and start cracking it.
It's not like Tulane or UTEP are getting big time recruits anyways. What the reduction of scholarship and the fact that kids want to go to the best place to show their skills for the NFL there will be the same amount of parity.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #64
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in the camp that I don't like the message or the precendent that this decision sends. The NFL is not the enforcement agency for college football. If the Commissioner and the league want to stop kids like Pryor from getting punished in the NCAA and just jumping to the NFL, then you deny his eligibility this year and tell him to come back in April. You don't suspend someone in the NFL to match the NCAA supsension they were facing had they stayed in school. Just deny eligibility this year.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »