Home

Rank NFL offenses 1-32

This is a discussion on Rank NFL offenses 1-32 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Rank NFL offenses 1-32

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Thanks, I obviously have some that some fans might disagree with. But everyone thinks their team is going to be better than they actually might be, and some think they might be worse. The biggest two are probably the Vikings and the Cowboys. The Vikings underachieved last year, but they added a lot of good pieces, mainly their offensive coordinator, which I have been impressed by this preseason. The Cowboys in my mind, will probably be ok, but their offense will have turnover problems and Romo will be sacked a ton again. I just don't see them ever being what they could be since their tragic playoff performances. Their defense might win them some ballgames, but I doubt their offense wins many, too many turnovers.
I disagree with a lot more than that, lol (and trust me, doesn't have anything to do with my team... I could see them being higher or lower than that, based on just a couple of players so I think your rank for them is about right for what we know at this point). I didn't want to go through and dissect bc, like I said, I didn't even make a list of all 32 so I'm willing to just agree to disagree. But if you want to discuss, I can be more specific.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
I don't really mind. That's just how I see it after watching almost every preseason game this season, and watching almost every NFL game last year plus college football for rookies. A couple of my choices are different from what a conservative person might say but I like to find a team every year whose offense is underrated and predict them higher than what people think. I also just don't like the cowboys offense because of turnover problems. Just my opinions.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.206478,-101.312389
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Well let me be more specific (bc I think you have the Boys a little low but don't really care about that one... I think they're more of an unknown than many).

I think the Texans are too high... don't think it's crazy, it's definitely possible, but it seems every offseason the last 3 or 4 years was the year they'd put it all together and they still haven't made the playoffs yet. I'm not ready to put them in the top 10 based on 2 preseason games.

Much like the Boys, I do think the Vikings ranking is a bit off but I agree that they will be much (MUCH) improved and don't think it's all that crazy. Just don't forget they aren't all that deep at WR and Harvin is tiny and will most likely miss at least a game or two for... something. McNabb will too.

The Steelers are too low. It hurts typing even that much so I refuse to elaborate anymore. Yuck.

The Jags are too high. Promising and up and coming... but not there yet. They'll probably need the planets to align perfectly for them to reach that level this year.

I think the Chiefs are too high, but that's my personal opinion. There's likely more reasons for the masses to agree with where you ranked them than my gut.

The Titans are way too high. CJ may not be there to begin the season if at all, Britt will likely miss some time, the D still has some big holes to fill, and a new coaching staff and QB + shortened off season will not equal a playoff team.

Bills are too high... another planet aligning situation to even reach this height where you have them. They don't have depth and I hope Johnson can do just as well without Evans on the other side but I don't have high hopes for it... especially with Fitz as the QB. He's ok, but his targets are worse and his line isn't much better.

I would rank the Broncos, Raiders and Dolphins higher (but more as a function of all the teams that I think need to move down).

The Lions should be higher and your description is way off. They have a great TE too, and their RBs are above average. The QB is DEFINITELY above average, and even with him out so much last year, they had a dynamic passing game... bad oline and all. They needed to give Suh some help on D and they seem to have done that. I'm not sure how you have them regressing from last year.

You're off on the Skins too. There's a perception that they won 2 games last year. They won 6 and were close in many others. Now I'm not going to try to show they were great last year by any means, but it's funny how far everyone has them dropping. Their biggest issue last year was the switch to a 3-4 defense. They're a year in on that, have focused on adding key pieces to help the transition and the D should be closer to the one that was top 5 just two years ago, than the one that was bottom 5 last year. The running game will be a lot better also. QB, of course, is still a question mark, and why they shouldn't be put up in the top half of the league but I'll bet anyone that unless they have a ton of injuries, they won't be in the Luck sweepstakes like is commonly thought. Oh, and let me add, Grossman was never good, lol. He wasn't as bad as people say either though... he's always been inconsistent with flashes of very good and very bad. He probably won't be starting anyway.

Seahawks should be higher based on their division alone. They'll win some games.

Panthers should be higher also. They've got a ton of talent on that team. I wouldn't be shocked if they win 7 or 8 games, even if Netwon doesn't do anything special. A healthy oline, solid running game and above average defense should do that... they weren't healthy in any of those areas last year.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #60
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
I think the Texans are too high... don't think it's crazy, it's definitely possible, but it seems every offseason the last 3 or 4 years was the year they'd put it all together and they still haven't made the playoffs yet. I'm not ready to put them in the top 10 based on 2 preseason games.
I can agree with that.

Quote:
Much like the Boys, I do think the Vikings ranking is a bit off but I agree that they will be much (MUCH) improved and don't think it's all that crazy. Just don't forget they aren't all that deep at WR and Harvin is tiny and will most likely miss at least a game or two for... something. McNabb will too.
I think Harvin will be good to go, he says his migraines are fixed. McNabb is old and could be vulnerable to injury, but I think they'll protect him enough, and with the quick pass offense, it lowers that as well. As for WR depth, their coaches actually have raved about how much depth they have for their particular offense. Harvin, Berrian, Jenkins, Aramashadou, and some young guys that actually have some talent could be ok. Remember, McNabb never had any big name receivers and one could argue this is this most talented offensive group he's ever been with.

Quote:
The Jags are too high. Promising and up and coming... but not there yet. They'll probably need the planets to align perfectly for them to reach that level this year.
I can agree with that.

Quote:
I think the Chiefs are too high, but that's my personal opinion. There's likely more reasons for the masses to agree with where you ranked them than my gut.
I think they'll be ok. Depends on QB play.

Quote:
The Titans are way too high. CJ may not be there to begin the season if at all, Britt will likely miss some time, the D still has some big holes to fill, and a new coaching staff and QB + shortened off season will not equal a playoff team.
I always assume a team will have their main threats. Obviously if the Titans don't have CJ or Britt, their offense is below the average offense, if not one of the worst. CJ makes an average offense good if you ask me, he has a lot of talent.

Quote:
Bills are too high... another planet aligning situation to even reach this height where you have them. They don't have depth and I hope Johnson can do just as well without Evans on the other side but I don't have high hopes for it... especially with Fitz as the QB. He's ok, but his targets are worse and his line isn't much better.
I think Fitzpatrick has a lot of talent. Even without Evans, I think they have some talent. I don't think they'll win more than 5 games, but Fitzpatrick put up decent numbers for having minimal threats and I think Johnson will be just as good.

Quote:
I would rank the Broncos, Raiders and Dolphins higher (but more as a function of all the teams that I think need to move down).
I don't feel the Broncos have any sync. Their QB situation is a huge distraction and even though they have 3 talented QB's, it's hard to develop 3 QB's at once.

Quote:
The Lions should be higher and your description is way off. They have a great TE too, and their RBs are above average. The QB is DEFINITELY above average, and even with him out so much last year, they had a dynamic passing game... bad oline and all. They needed to give Suh some help on D and they seem to have done that. I'm not sure how you have them regressing from last year.
The Lions I doubt will be up to expectations this year. Stafford is talented, but he needs a little more time. He has a talented WR and TE but it's no question who he's going to throw to. I still don't see the Lions taking the next step this season.

Quote:
You're off on the Skins too. There's a perception that they won 2 games last year. They won 6 and were close in many others. Now I'm not going to try to show they were great last year by any means, but it's funny how far everyone has them dropping. Their biggest issue last year was the switch to a 3-4 defense. They're a year in on that, have focused on adding key pieces to help the transition and the D should be closer to the one that was top 5 just two years ago, than the one that was bottom 5 last year. The running game will be a lot better also. QB, of course, is still a question mark, and why they shouldn't be put up in the top half of the league but I'll bet anyone that unless they have a ton of injuries, they won't be in the Luck sweepstakes like is commonly thought. Oh, and let me add, Grossman was never good, lol. He wasn't as bad as people say either though... he's always been inconsistent with flashes of very good and very bad. He probably won't be starting anyway.
I think the Redskins will be better. They had a tough situation for the players and coaches last year. They really hung McNabb out to dry and it kind of showed. It's not like we've ever seen a QB turn it around, I just assume one of their QB's will step up and perform.

Quote:
Seahawks should be higher based on their division alone. They'll win some games.
They may win some, but not with Tarvaris Jackson at QB. He looks worse than ever this preseason.

Quote:
Panthers should be higher also. They've got a ton of talent on that team. I wouldn't be shocked if they win 7 or 8 games, even if Netwon doesn't do anything special. A healthy oline, solid running game and above average defense should do that... they weren't healthy in any of those areas last year.
I could agree, but I think Newton needs some time to develop and mature. I'd say 4-6 wins at best.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #61
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

The offense isn't what held them back WW. They're most definitely a Top 10 offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #62
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Well let me be more specific (bc I think you have the Boys a little low but don't really care about that one... I think they're more of an unknown than many).

The Steelers are too low. It hurts typing even that much so I refuse to elaborate anymore. Yuck.

most of your assessment seems to be about wins, i thought the ranking was just about offenses? the seahawks and panthers might win some games but yards and points they will rank very low.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #63
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6
From an offensive standpoint, the texans are most definitely top 10. That is what this thread is about, not about the whole package/wins.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #64
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I'd say that the oline is actually ok/average. We actually have a pretty good pass blocking line, but the run blocking negates them from being good. Still have a lot of work to do in that area. Everything else, I agree with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »