Home

Roger Goodell Convinces Players Where To Sign?

This is a discussion on Roger Goodell Convinces Players Where To Sign? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Roger Goodell Convinces Players Where To Sign?

Seems to me that all Goodell did here was to give Vick some solid advice.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
If he had come to Buffalo, I don't think he would've had the breakout year he did last year. There's a world of difference between the Bills & Eagles (and I get an up close look at it being a Bills fan in Eagles territory), roster-wise, coaching staff-wise, and organization-wise.
You're probably right but IMO I don't think Vick would've bailed on the situation if he was in Buffalo either. Chan Gailey may not have the players he needs now but he's a million times better than some of the idiots that has coached the team in the last 12 years.

It was probably the best thing for Vick to go to Philly but I don't like the idea that the Commish "strongly" advised him to go to Philly rather than letting him make his choice. Tony Dungy at least seemed to indicate that Buffalo would've been a good place to go until Vick met with Goodell and it became more of "I think Vick would be best served going to Philadelphia under coach Reid".

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, looks like a lot of this is just out of context, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-word-of-it/

Quote:
“The story stands on its own,” Will Leitch told PFT via e-mail on Thursday. “I obviously recorded the whole interview (I cannot take notes that fast) and it went through the lengthy — oh, how lengthy — GQ fact-checking process several times over.

“The story never claims that Goodell ‘steered’ him into signing with Philly, or that he was ‘forbidden’ from signing with Buffalo or Cincinnati. That came from the Deadspin piece last night, which everyone ran with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

there were so many crazy things vick said in that interview that dont make sense. i don think he had any clue what he was saying half the time. he claims that he was trying to change his life way before he got caught for dog fighting. he claims that football wise the falcons were limiting him on what he could do and now philly is letting him run free so to speak. wait, what? hes wanted to be a pocket passer all along and the falcons were "forcing" him to run? anyone else believe that?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
there were so many crazy things vick said in that interview that dont make sense. i don think he had any clue what he was saying half the time. he claims that he was trying to change his life way before he got caught for dog fighting. he claims that football wise the falcons were limiting him on what he could do and now philly is letting him run free so to speak. wait, what? hes wanted to be a pocket passer all along and the falcons were "forcing" him to run? anyone else believe that?
Well, we don't know what was said to Vick on the sidelines and in the classroom. Yeah, he was free-wheeling, but it's highly possible the coaching staff wasn't happy about it.

Honestly, when we talk about a man and remorse and changing his life, I take everything with a grain of salt. I'm not going to condemn the guy, he served his time. Believe him or not believe him, I don't really care. All I care about is whether his actions back up his claims.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
Yeah the whole thing about the Falcons is a bit confusing to me especially considering how Vick and Dan Reeves got along so well. Reeves seemed like a father figure to Vick. That kinda seems like a verbal slap in the face at Reeves IMO.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #15
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Yeah the whole thing about the Falcons is a bit confusing to me especially considering how Vick and Dan Reeves got along so well. Reeves seemed like a father figure to Vick. That kinda seems like a verbal slap in the face at Reeves IMO.
Interesting POV, because coach Jim Mora Jr. was the one that came to my mind. But now that I think about it, Reeves was all about the running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #16
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Interesting POV, because coach Jim Mora Jr. was the one that came to my mind. But now that I think about it, Reeves was all about the running game.
Reeves allowed Vick to free lance a bit as he had learned from his experience in coaching Elway that sometimes you can't have too overbearing a presence when it comes to an exceptional talent. Reeves did keep with the running game but modified the passing game at times to maximize on Vick's unique talents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »