Home

Let's Talk About Players In General

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About Players In General within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:06 AM   #41
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Let's Talk About Players In General

I love this kid Earl Thomas, 2nd year FS for the Seahawks in case you didn't know. He absolutely flies to the ball carrier, and hits bigger than his weight. I just hope he doesn't get lost in obscurity the same way Cortez Kennedy did, while the Seahawks hover at or below mediocrity, shuffling various QBs in and out while all that outstanding defensive play goes for naught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #42
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Ooh... Another guy, rookie LB Mason Foster for Tampa Bay. He had something like 10 total tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble in that comeback win at Minnesota. I watched him his whole career at the University of Washington and thought he'd be a guy who makes plays at the NFL level. It's nice to see that coming to fruition.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 8

Couple guys I am watching

Mario Manningham-Could have a break out year if healthy and be a top 10 receiver by the end of the year.

Jerry Hughes-With Mathis a free agent at the end of the year he needs to prove himself this year been kind of a bust so far.

Bob Sanders-you all know why with the injury's

Darren Sprolles-Could put up some good number in that Saints passing/running game and is a great return man,glad he is no longer a Charger.

Brandon Marshall-Think he might have a down year this year.
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #44
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Not a top5 list, not a bold prediction thread, not a debate who is better thread.

Let's talk about players.....

Guys who might interest you from how they will develop, perform, succeed or fail on their new team, with their current team, and/or guys you are interested in watching from a fantasy football perspective to a real-life perspective. I post this because I don't want to limit the discussion on someone like Kenny Britt because he should be talked about in his Team's thread, and in no way does he deserve his own thread. But he is someone who I am interested in watchin from a real life standpoint to a fantasy one as well.

I don't think there is a thread like this yet......so let's discuss.
I agree Britt is a huge playmaker and if he can stay out of trouble I think could be a possible top 3 WR in this league. Vincent Jackson also falls into this category. A.J. Green is another young WR that has surprised me so far with some of the catches he's made.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks37
Couple guys I am watching

Mario Manningham-Could have a break out year if healthy and be a top 10 receiver by the end of the year.

Jerry Hughes-With Mathis a free agent at the end of the year he needs to prove himself this year been kind of a bust so far.

Bob Sanders-you all know why with the injury's

Darren Sprolles-Could put up some good number in that Saints passing/running game and is a great return man,glad he is no longer a Charger.

Brandon Marshall-Think he might have a down year this year.
I want to see Manningham too. I hope yesterday was just a case of nerves bc he had some serious butter fingers.

I disagree on Marshall. I think last year was his down year. I think he and Henne will have more chemistry this year and he'll have a big year. Bess is a great option and Bush out of the backfield which should keep defenders off of him a bit more too. I just worry about him in the red zone.

Denarius Moore is my guy. I was eyeing him up in the preseason and he finally got a chance this week with all the injuries and he performed. Other guys would be Parker in TB and now McCluster in KC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #46
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah Brandon Marshall looks a lot more focused and involved in the Phins offense then last year
Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

So what do you think of Kevin Kolb in Arizona.

A player this year to watch for is Tim Hightower. If he stays consistent he could finish around the top 5 to 7 in yards.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #48
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

Surprised nobody mentioned Nick Fairley yet. He is finally practicing and might play against Dallas next week. The Lions d-line rotation already looks good, but the backups that have been playing likely will not be in the same class as a healthy Nick Fairley. I hope Jay Cutler has paid up his life insurance policy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »