Home

The Peyton Manning Discussion thread

This is a discussion on The Peyton Manning Discussion thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #49
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: So if Peyton Manning gets injured....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
You don't just disrespect some of the greatest players in NFL history like Manning/Brady by just trading them and they are going to retire as a Colt/Patriot.
Because Joe Montana retired a 49er and Brett Favre retired a packer right? This happens all the time great players and non great players alike.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Andrew Luck is a no-brainer in this scenario.
This. Luck is the most pro ready prospect at that position I have seen since Peyton left Tennessee. If you have a shot at him, and you're the Colts it's a no brainier.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Luck is considered the best QB prospect since Manning. If a team wants to trade up to get him, it'll cost A LOT.

I would vote to take Luck regardless of your QB situation. Always take the best player available.
In 2001 the Chargers traded the #1 overall pick to the Falcons for a #5 overall, 3rd rounder the same year, 2nd the following year, and a slot receiver for the right to draft a guy who was supposed to revolutionize the QB position in Michael Vick. I don't think you could expect anything more than that.

The key word in all of this is "prospect". I just don't think it's realistic at all to think that any team to trade away two separate drafts (ie: two 1sts and two 2nds) to pick up one guy who has never even had an NFL practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #52
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

The Colts won't win a lot of games without Peyton, that's for sure. He practically IS the team. But I don't think they'll try and get Luck in the draft. Just because I'm pretty sure that there are teams that will do worse than them, and need a QB as well. Taking Luck wouldn't be a bad idea, as he could be the perfect heir to Peyton, but I think they won't have the chance to draft him, unless they trade up. And as Peyton still has some years in him I don't think they're in a hurry to draft a QB, even if it's a prospect as promising as Luck.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #53
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

It'll be interesting to see if Luck even ends up #1. Last year at this time it was all JAKE LOCKER DIS JAKE LOCKER DAT and he ended up falling.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #54
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's another hypothetical...

Let's say Vick is injured for the entire season (non-career threatening), and the Eagles somehow end up in a position to draft Luck. Should the Eagles draft Luck? And let him sit behind Vick for 3 years?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #55
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
Here's another hypothetical...

Let's say Vick is injured for the entire season (non-career threatening), and the Eagles somehow end up in a position to draft Luck. Should the Eagles draft Luck? And let him sit behind Vick for 3 years?
Considering you're the one that brought this up, we can't go through this hypothetical without talking about how Vince Young did after stepping in for Vick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Considering you're the one that brought this up, we can't go through this hypothetical without talking about how Vince Young did after stepping in for Vick.
Oh man, Eagles were bad example. I know how those VY threads go...

OK, let's say we are talking about the Patriots. In 4 years, Brady will be 37 (Manning will be 38). If given the opportunity, should the Patriots draft Luck and let him sit on the bench for 3 years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »