Home

Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings

This is a discussion on Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
There's a certain "element" to this you know we can't factor into the equation. So I'm my main piece of evidence has been thrown out. Lol

Like I said I don't have a problem with it, but some people are super sensitive. You have to consider this large group of people when you open your mouth. That was my point.
My response is... no you don't. Look, from what I can tell I would never have Richardson over my house for dinner. Guy rubs me in all the wrong ways... can't and not worth discussing all of them. But I would tell Cam the exact same thing. It's not much different than what I'm sure Dungy said to Vick. It's advice on how to maximize your potential on and off the field. If Cam wants to be sensitive about it then his loss... screw everyone else. At the end of the day, it's good advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #66
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My response is... no you don't. Look, from what I can tell I would never have Richardson over my house for dinner. Guy rubs me in all the wrong ways... can't and not worth discussing all of them. But I would tell Cam the exact same thing. It's not much different than what I'm sure Dungy said to Vick. It's advice on how to maximize your potential on and off the field. If Cam wants to be sensitive about it then his loss... screw everyone else. At the end of the day, it's good advice.
Once again it's not the advice we both couldn't agree more there. But as an owner you don't want to start alienating large parts of your fan base over something that could have just as easily been kept in house.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #67
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Once again it's not the advice we both couldn't agree more there. But as an owner you don't want to start alienating large parts of your fan base over something that could have just as easily been kept in house.
richardson didnt leak this he just confirmed it and is there any indication that this suggestion has alienated a large part of the panthers fan base?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm just not seeing where you're getting alienating anyone. Someone reading WAY too much into it could get that idea but screw them. That's a case of "you can't make everybody happy". The people that you're talking about wouldn't bat an eyebrow if he said the exact same thing to a Tim Tebow so that says more about the people you're worried about pleasing than what was actually said and who it was said to.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #69
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
richardson didnt leak this he just confirmed it and is there any indication that this suggestion has alienated a large part of the panthers fan base?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I'm just not seeing where you're getting alienating anyone. Someone reading WAY too much into it could get that idea but screw them. That's a case of "you can't make everybody happy". The people that you're talking about wouldn't bat an eyebrow if he said the exact same thing to a Tim Tebow so that says more about the people you're worried about pleasing than what was actually said and who it was said to.
My fault gentlemen I should have said risk alienating. I haven't heard any one group making a big deal about it. There are some posters here that seem to take some offense to it.

I thought Mr. Richardson made this comment on his own and unprompted during an interview. If that's not the case then never mind. My whole argument is based on him sort of "telling on himself" when there was no need.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »