Home

And the #1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft goes to....

This is a discussion on And the #1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft goes to.... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #65
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: And the #1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft goes to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
As much as I hate on the Bills, Chandler did take the Cowboys to a 10-6 record and an 8-8 record after a 6-10 season. He has talent. He's just super old and I question his decisions.
id dare you to take a team with michael irvin, emmitt smith, troy aikman and deion sanders and win less than 8 games. The cowboys were on the downhill but still stacked with talent. Even though he was a doormat and did whatever jerry wanted he still got fired after 2 years.

Quote:
Remember, Fitz only started 13 games last season. Most people don't remember that part. Just helpin' you out there. Add 3 games on and he's a middle of the road starter.
games dont matter for the stats im talking about. he was 22nd in QB rating, 22nd in YPA, 27th in comp %, 23rd in INT%, 16th in YPG

hes far below middle of the road and that was his best season

Quote:
Most experts wouldn't agree with you. Fred Jackson again had to split time with Marshawn and CJ Spiller and still managed almost 1,000 yards and ran for 4.2 ypc.
the running game in general was subpar

18th in yards, 13th in YPA, and 32nd in TDs

Quote:
The second part is true for any team.
not really, if some teams get off to a bad start a good coach or strong team leader can help turn things around the bills dont have this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #66
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
id dare you to take a team with michael irvin, emmitt smith, troy aikman and deion sanders and win less than 8 games.
Man I just said that, the dude before him won 6 games
Quote:
hes far below middle of the road and that was his best season
Like I said, he missed three games. They were important.

Quote:
the running game in general was subpar

18th in yards, 13th in YPA, and 32nd in TDs
Like I said, it was tough to get on track with Fred last year because of the Marshawn thing. We'll see if Chandler makes the right decision and sticks with FJ this season.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #67
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Man I just said that, the dude before him won 6 games
that "dude" also never coached again after that and he did take that talent and go 40-24 in 4 seasons including one of those shiny diamond ring thingys

Quote:
Like I said, he missed three games. They were important.
the number of games dont matter for completion % or qb rating or any of the stats i mentioned.

Quote:
Like I said, it was tough to get on track with Fred last year because of the Marshawn thing. We'll see if Chandler makes the right decision and sticks with FJ this season.
what marshwan thing? lynch came in as the starter didnt get the job done and after game 4 it was FJ all the way. Their rushing game is just bad and they didnt nothing to make it better.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #68
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:

what marshwan thing? lynch came in as the starter didnt get the job done and after game 4 it was FJ all the way. Their rushing game is just bad and they didnt nothing to make it better.
I would blame their bad running game on their very bad (and still very bad) O-Line.

I dont really understand what the arguement is here. The bills are about a 5-11 team.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #69
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Watching the Denver Seattle Preseason game, I take Seattle. TJack is not even close to being a sub-par starter. Von Doom dominated their OLine all night.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #70
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

the number of games dont matter for completion % or qb rating or any of the stats i mentioned.

You do know the Bills were in a transition last year when Fitzpatrick became the starter right? A lot of the problems with the Bills overall was due to a very bad O-line that probably isn't much better this season. It's a miracle Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller did as well as they did behind such a bad line.

You also talk badly about Fitzpatrick and while he's no great shakes he's playing in an offense that isn't going put many QBs at the top of the leader boards in terms of efficiency despite that he was 10 in the league in TD% (percentage of TDs thrown when attempting to pass) So it's not like he's some slouch.

The Bills will probably win 5-6 games which is nowhere near the level of being up for the #1 pick next year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #71
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
The bills are about a 5-11 team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The Bills will probably win 5-6 games which is nowhere near the level of being up for the #1 pick next year.
and with some bad luck and a few bad breaks they could easily end up 3-13 and with the #1 pick. I think some other teams will be worse but i can easily see a scenario where the bills get the #1 pick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #72
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I'm still saying Cincy at this point. Seattle, Carolina, and San Francisco may have a shot at it.

In the bold predictions thread, I said Washington would have the first pick. Watching their defense this preseason, I really don't think that will be the case this year anymore.
Looking at my power rankings I guess I said Cincy as well.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »