Home

Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #73
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

This sums up my feelings on Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lGKMXYOG8
Old 09-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #74
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I don't hate Jay Cutler.

I just don't like him, he comes off as a douchebag to me.
Couldnt have really said it better myself.

As a Bronco fan, hell yeah i loved Cutler when he played here. If the core we had stayed in tact a few more years, we would have for sure gone deep in the playoffs.

Now, i can't stand him. Its not that he can't play through injury, its his attitude. He is a prima-donna. I remember an artice i read in the Denver Post written by the GREAT Woody Paige. It went something along the lines of Jay throwing an actual fit when he heard about McDoofus and his desire for Cassel. He told his agent he wanted out, and i am sure all of you know, went as far as not talking to anyone in the organization. What kind of person in a COMPETITIVE sport does that?

After all of that I immediately wanted Cutler gone...

I played football in high school. My coach told me there were other guys out there bigger, better and more popular (my school was really HUGE on packing the stands) then me, so why should he play me? Instead of complaining like Cutler, i put on weight, stayed long after practice with the coaches...and well i didn't get anymore popular lol i just made people wanna come see me based on my play.

THAT'S how he should have handled it.

Deep down i resent him for screwing us, he could have been a man about it and played for McDoofus. In the end I feel sorry for the Bears, yeah they have a talented QB, but he is just a sissy.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #75
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I played football in high school. My coach told me there were other guys out there bigger, better and more popular (my school was really HUGE on packing the stands) then me, so why should he play me? Instead of complaining like Cutler, i put on weight, stayed long after practice with the coaches...and well i didn't get anymore popular lol i just made people wanna come see me based on my play.

THAT'S how he should have handled it.
It was more like if the high school coach told you his son was going to come in and play your position. Cassel was Mcdaniels guy and he was going to try and get him and play him no matter what cutler did. Cuttler just saw the writing on the wall you cant fault him for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #76

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
It was more like if the high school coach told you his son was going to come in and play your position. Cassel was Mcdaniels guy and he was going to try and get him and play him no matter what cutler did. Cuttler just saw the writing on the wall you cant fault him for that.
Oh, you can fault him for that. Maybe it's just me, but when i am told there is someone coming for my spot, high school or my current job...i dont panic, complain, give up and want out. I step it up.

These guys are being paid millions to play a game i LOVE. At least try and COMPETE...
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #77
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Oh, you can fault him for that. Maybe it's just me, but when i am told there is someone coming for my spot, high school or my current job...i dont panic, complain, give up and want out. I step it up.

These guys are being paid millions to play a game i LOVE. At least try and COMPETE...
it was never a COMPETITION they tried to trade him away because they DIDNT WANT him then when that fell through they were like youre great youre our guy. He saw threw that BS and wanted to go to a team that actually WANTED him there
Old 09-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #78

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
it was never a COMPETITION they tried to trade him away because they DIDNT WANT him then when that fell through they were like youre great youre our guy. He saw threw that BS and wanted to go to a team that actually WANTED him there
I see your point, however BS or not, he should have shown them WHY he shouldnt have been traded in the first place. It was never said that McDoofus didnt want him, its just that he wanted to win as HC of the Broncos then, not 3-4 years later. Cassel knew the system and what better way to kick off a new job when you can bring a buddy that knows how you work.

Look, either way you look at it, Cutler handled the situation ALL wrong.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #79
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
I see your point, however BS or not, he should have shown them WHY he shouldnt have been traded in the first place. It was never said that McDoofus didnt want him, its just that he wanted to win as HC of the Broncos then, not 3-4 years later. Cassel knew the system and what better way to kick off a new job when you can bring a buddy that knows how you work.

Look, either way you look at it, Cutler handled the situation ALL wrong.
If your wife told you she was cheating on you and shes leaving you for the other man, would you redouble your efforts to show her why she should be with you or would you get a divorce? Cutler just did what most people would do. I dont think you can really say it was wrong when how the broncos handled the whole situation was so bad to begin with
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #80

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
If your wife told you she was cheating on you and shes leaving you for the other man, would you redouble your efforts to show her why she should be with you or would you get a divorce? Cutler just did what most people would do. I dont think you can really say it was wrong when how the broncos handled the whole situation was so bad to begin with
Thats a terrible comparison, that's an issue thats on a completly different level. We are talking about CAREERS not relationships.

I guess i am not most people. If someone was trying to replace me, i wouldn't go off on a tantrum and not even TALK it out. The Broncos if you remember reached out to Cutler and wanted to sit down like men and talk it out. Who knows what could have been said.

How did the Broncos handle the situation poorly? If i recall and i could be wrong, i dont even think Pat Bowlen even knew what was going on till the rumors began swirling that McD who was acting HC and GM wanted Cassel. So it wasnt the Broncos, it was McD who handled the situation poorly. In the end Bowlen had to sign off on the trade, so who knows if it would have even happened?
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »