Home

Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
Cutler's body language and the way he carries himself doesn't bother you if you are a fan of the team he plays for. I'm a Bronco fan, and I defended his arrogance when he was a Bronco.
I'm a Bears fan and I do not like him nor do I defend his perceived arrogance. The guy is a jerk. My father works in Chicago with the media and I have had the privilege of meeting Cutler a few times and he is a jerk.

Other than that, most people hate him because of his actions in Denver. Look at Kobe, people still say he is a rapist though the evidence of him not committing the crime was stacked in his favor. That has fizzled out for the most part but the hate against Kobe is still there and if you talk with someone about why they will probably bring that up. Same with Vick, some people are giving him a second chance but there is still a large population of people that will never give him another chance, their opinion is set (not that it matters). That's just the way it is.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

SI just ran an article on Cutler and this whole issue.

He's in a position to really reach out, be positive, and put on a happy face for everyone.

Instead, he just does his own thing. It comes off as negative or arrogant or indifferent to a lot of people. I'm an emotionless-looking guy myself, so maybe I see through that and can kind of relate. Who says you have to be smiling all the time?

In the end, Cutler just doesn't care. He has his circle of people that know who or what he's like and that's all that matters. It's probably funny to him that the media kind of hates him for his indifference while he can be a really nice guy (and he hates when his good deeds are publicized).

I don't have a problem with Cutler at all. The only problem is his play on the field; a bit inconsistent, too many turnovers. But he'll always win you games with his ability too. I wasn't sold on him but I'm starting to hop on the bandwagon, I think he's going to be the first Chicago Bears QB to be with the team for a while and have good success in 20-30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

He has a mopey and arrogant demeanor, comes off as a douche a lot of the time, lacks mental toughness, and frankly isn't as good of a total package at quarterback as one would assume he could be based on his physical skills.

The Jeff George comparison is dead-on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't know about anyone else but I haven't seen any of these Jeff George tendancies from him. At least since he's been in Chicago.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #37
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't question his toughness. Anybody that takes as many hits as he did last year is tough in my book.

It's just the way he carries himself that doesn't sit well with me and like a couple others said he seems like a spoiled brat.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Don't know about anyone else but I haven't seen any of these Jeff George tendancies from him. At least since he's been in Chicago.
Same on-field body language and demeanor, same throwing motion, same skill set. He's virtually a clone.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #39
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

At this point in their respective careers, Jay Cutler blows Jeff George away where it counts, though. Production on the field. Not to mention that Jeff George was dumb as ****.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
At this point in their respective careers, Jay Cutler blows Jeff George away where it counts, though. Production on the field. Not to mention that Jeff George was dumb as ****.
He does? How so?

50 Tds and 42 picks in two years in Chicago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »