Home

Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #41
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why do people hate Jay Cutler so much?

I want him to fail just so my home town kid Caleb Hanie can get his shot. I was ecstatic when I picked up Cutler as my #2 QB in fantasy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #42
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
I can see body language.

But SMH at the people who said he isn't tough...he tore his mcl in the NFC championship...
Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #43
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I want him to fail just so my home town kid Caleb Hanie can get his shot. I was ecstatic when I picked up Cutler as my #2 QB in fantasy.
You'll be waiting for a long time.

Martz hates Hanie.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 08-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #44
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
Alot of people don't like him because he doesn't play through injuries. He lacks toughness (as noted by the playoff game last year). There have been many QB's that have played with worse injuries than Cutler. Also he is not your prototypical leader as he seems to lack leadership skills

As a Type 1 Diabetic myself I can relate to why he probably didn't come back into the game, as anyone with diabetes can tell you injuries effect our bodies differently than someone without the condition, now I don't know if that was the case but if it was and he felt that by playing through it could have caused further damage to his body then I applaud him for thinking about his overall health over the result of the game any day, because in the end it is just a game. One thing that you must remember is that generally speaking it takes a diabetic more time to heal from an injury than a person in perfect health.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #45
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He does? How so?

50 Tds and 42 picks in two years in Chicago.
That's actually not bad considering who he's throwing to. But at the sametime, I also know that if this had been somebody else with those numbers playing QB in Chicago, we'd be praising him and saying "Oh, he's a good QB considering his best WR is a project.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Same on-field body language and demeanor, same throwing motion, same skill set. He's virtually a clone.
I guess.

Like I said though, from the time he's been in Chicago I haven't seen these same tendancies that everyone else is seeing and I have absolutely NO reason to defend the guy considering he plays for my biggest rival LOL.

With Jeff George, I think most of us knew he wasn't going to amount to crap the second he uttered these famous words, "Oh, that leadership stuff is all overrated".
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #47
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I can't speak for all Broncos fans but the reason I do not like him was his attitude in Denver. He always seemed disinterested. Kinda of like he did sitting on the bench after his injury in the NFC championship game last.

Now don't kill me Bears fans. I honestly believe he was injured and rightfully so was pissed off so I completely understand.

With that bring said he had that attitude the whole time in Denver and was not injured and it just rubbed folks the wrong way.

The other issue I had with him was the gunslinger mentality. I will be the first to say I loved Brett Favre but he showed constant emotion and acted like if the outcome was good or bad he was still having fun. Cutler seemed to try and play like Brett Favre but was emotionless and just sat there and looked disinterested. At least Favre showed that he was upset on mistakes and happy as a little kid on a play ground when his crazy antics worked out. Cutler just sat there like he was watching the game clock and hoping the game ended soon.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #48
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Cutler just sat there like he was watching the game clock and hoping the game ended soon.
Alone on the bench.... with that disinterested look on his face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »