Home

Lance Briggs gets 9/11

This is a discussion on Lance Briggs gets 9/11 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #41
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Lance Briggs gets 9/11

Maybe donate the proceeds to a charity, my point is that the NFL has a history of special themes or whatever, be it throwback week, or AFC anniversary uniforms, etc. Here they have Sept 11th 10th anniversary coming up, on NFL sunday no less, and it takes a player to do something like this. Maybe "marketing opportunity" was the wrong phrase, I just remember how awesome I thought the Louisville stuff was (and IIRC there were several teams that did it) and how I bought a shirt and hat before I left the stadium.

FWIW I believe proceeds from the flag merch last year went to veterans charities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 AM   #42
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Razorbacks played with a red, white, and blue logo on the helmet and at midfield in today's game. Not everything has to be huge, but it's always nice to give a nod of respect towards something as tragic as September 1th.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #43
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
Maybe donate the proceeds to a charity, my point is that the NFL has a history of special themes or whatever, be it throwback week, or AFC anniversary uniforms, etc. Here they have Sept 11th 10th anniversary coming up, on NFL sunday no less, and it takes a player to do something like this. Maybe "marketing opportunity" was the wrong phrase, I just remember how awesome I thought the Louisville stuff was (and IIRC there were several teams that did it) and how I bought a shirt and hat before I left the stadium.

FWIW I believe proceeds from the flag merch last year went to veterans charities.
A player didn't really put this together though, the an official licensee of the NFL did and sent the products to a number of players.

Additionally, game worn jerseys and other things are going up for auction for sale with proceeds going to to charities after this weekend.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
And some people (myself included) feel that just because there's a logo on the gear doesn't mean the idea comes purely out of corporate greed or exploitation of national mourning.

Why assume the worst from people?
coogrfan isn't the one to blame for this, since the idea was presented as 'The league really missed a prime merchandising opportunity'. He didn't assume the worst, he just responded to the post.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #44
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Agreed 100%. I think the gesture is great but I am too cynical to think it's purely to honor.
I guess I was speaking more to this^^ post than to coogrfan's.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #45
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

In related news, the MLB did not let the Mets wear different hats as a tribute tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »