Home

Week 2: Dallas Cowboys (0-1) @ San Francisco (1-0)

This is a discussion on Week 2: Dallas Cowboys (0-1) @ San Francisco (1-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Week 2: Dallas Cowboys (0-1) @ San Francisco (1-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Was the insult neccasary? Seriously?
If you think that was an insult then you need to grow a thicker skin. It was a joke and a true one at that. There are very few people left who will heap very much praise on Romo. Even my die hard cowboy friends down in Texas were all putting status updates voicing how fed up they are with him.

Quote:
Did you not see how Romo was dismantling the Jets defense last week? No one does that to the Jets. NO ONE. When he's not put into a position to win it because of mistakes out of his control (special teams error, the defense melting down) he's a damn good QB.
Really? That's a pretty absurd thing to say, with all of Romo's direct and personal flubs. Are you saying that all his critical moment INTs and fumbles are out of his control? It's not his fault that he makes a foolish decision to try to drop a 40 yard bomb in the endzone with 5 minutes left on the clock and with his team up 14 pts, and that said foolish decision turns into an INT that results in the opponent winning? Because that's his MO. I guess it's all somebody else's fault whenever Romo makes a bad play.

You bring up the Jets game, and I'll do the same. All you can think about is "Wow, Romo just threw a 65 yard pass." You ignore the fact that inside the 5 yard line and with a 14 pt lead, when he got into trouble he should have thrown the ball away. A simple field goal and some smart playing would have pretty much sealed the deal for the Cowboys. But instead Romo made the stupid decision to try to run it in, which turned into a fumble and the Jets getting the chance to bring the game within their reach. The Jets battled back to tie it, but with one minute left in the game the Cowboys had the ball. Just need to get it into fieldgoal range, right? But what happens? ROMO COUGHS IT UP AGAIN! And that's what you call a great QB?

Even Romo admits that he lost the game for them. He does this crap all the time. My idea of a great QB is someone who offers a NET production for his team. Not someone who gives just to erase it again with his own constant blunders.

Quote:
Now keep on chugging that hatorade
It's rather interesting you complain that I insult you when I made a comment based on facts, but you turn around and come out with some garbage like this that has absolutely no value other than to communicate and invoke negative emotions. I also find it reflexive of the fact that your claims about Romo being a great QB are also based on the same reactive and emotive ways of thinking that not only lack anything of substance or fact, but proudly ignore the facts as if they have no bearing or relevance.

Quote:
I said that Dallas was going to blow them up by 30+ because...well...look at who is the 9er's QB. Yeah, that's right. It's Alex Smith. Alex Smith. One more time now. Alex Smith.
Now that doesn't make any sense. What does the 49s QB have to do with the ability, or lack thereof, of their defense to stop Romo and the Cowboys? It doesn't. That's going to be up to the San Fran defense. Also, don't forget that in the NFL even a sub par quarterback like Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl by 27 points. We'll see how today's came turns out, but I won't be delusional enough to place bets on a Cowboys blowout.

Last edited by pat-daddy; 09-18-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #34
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

man i wish our Corners didnt suck so much
Old 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #35
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

choke gene spreading across the cowboys. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #36
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Waste 2 timeouts and need 1 yard and come out in shotgun, smh.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Well, that's a fantastic start.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

wtf just happened?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #39
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

All the sudden I have a rather terrible feeling about this game, and I don't even get it in my area.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #40
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
All the sudden I have a rather terrible feeling about this game, and I don't even get it in my area.
Our defensive line is getting punked out there. Gore and Dixon are doing whatever they want pretty much.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »