Home

Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

This is a discussion on Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #129
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

I guess I view # of drops vs % of drops differently.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #130
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I guess I view # of drops vs % of drops differently.
Not sure what you mean. Guys like TO, Edwards and Marshall have been widely criticized for their # of drops. It doesn't change how I feel about any of them. You may disagree with that but I don't think that's what you're saying (I'm a little confused).
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

I'm saying the number of drops isn't important to me but the % is. A receiver who drops close to 20% of the balls thrown to him doesn't have good hands in my book.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #132
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
He actually runs lots of patterns
9 Route and Deep Post with an occassional drag route across the middle while he's in motion. This is common knowledge about him and has been for a while.

Quote:
The same thing happened with D. Hall. Hester appears to be adjusting better than Hall did but he's still just not very good
Huh? Unless I'm missing something when has Hall EVER played WR? He's been a CB from Va Tech up to now so I'm missing the connection here LOL.

Quote:
You're selling Moss and Jackson short
My response to this:

Quote:
Get him the ball in space like a RB or let him run a go route, sure
Does that not describe Jackson and to a lesser extent Moss? If not then we might as well just end this convo because then we're just going in circles.

Don't get it twisted now, I'm not saying Hester is a good WR but all I'm saying is that he hasn't been used properly(which is clear by now)because his OC continues to treat him like he's Torry Holt 2.0 instead of Az-Zahir Hakim, which is who Hester is closer too.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #133
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Someone kill this thread and all memories of this game. Kill it with fire!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #134
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm saying the number of drops isn't important to me but the % is. A receiver who drops close to 20% of the balls thrown to him doesn't have good hands in my book.
I thought you brought up Jackson bc of his number of drops, not his percentage. Even still, from what I can tell, with the number of deep patterns he runs it doesn't surprise me much. I'd have to see it, but my defense isn't so much for Jackson as it is against Hester. Maybe dropping Jackson down on the list brings him closer to Hester but still doesn't make me think Hester has good hands (catching a passed ball in traffic). I also still stand by the thoughts on the likes of TO, Marshall and Edwards. But if Jackson had the highest percentage of drops last year, I see your point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
9 Route and Deep Post with an occassional drag route across the middle while he's in motion. This is common knowledge about him and has been for a while.
I remembered talking about this last year. He runs alot more underneath routes than people think. But we can just talk about Moss since I know that's someone both of us have probably watched full games of more than most players (besides those on our favorite teams). He definitely runs all kinds of routes. You can see his route running in general is 10 times better than Hester, and that doesn't include footwork (sidelines, positioning around DBs, etc) and general awareness. If anything Hester's a RB who's just too small to play the position.

Quote:
Huh? Unless I'm missing something when has Hall EVER played WR? He's been a CB from Va Tech up to now so I'm missing the connection here LOL.
lol, talking about Dante Hall.

Quote:
My response to this:

Does that not describe Jackson and to a lesser extent Moss? If not then we might as well just end this convo because then we're just going in circles.

Don't get it twisted now, I'm not saying Hester is a good WR but all I'm saying is that he hasn't been used properly(which is clear by now)because his OC continues to treat him like he's Torry Holt 2.0 instead of Az-Zahir Hakim, which is who Hester is closer too.
No I don't think it does. I think those two run a ton of those routes, but they have the ability (and do) run other routes. Nobody fears Hester running anything but those. And that's fine, you're right, he shouldn't be in the other situations. That part I agree with. But that's the definition of a #3 WR at best... and on a team with no true #1, it's pointless putting him out there at WR at all besides for screens and trick plays... a'la ARE.

I'll stop pumping up Jackson SO much bc I haven't watched as much of him play as I have Moss. I know that on 3rd and long, Moss is option 1 or 2. Same with big plays in the 2 min drill. And, obviously he's not great in this role, but he's one of the top options in the red zone too. Hester is not, will not, and should never be in any of those situations.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #135
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Someone kill this thread and all memories of this game. Kill it with fire!
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #136
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh snap.

10char.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »