Home

Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockme
Totally agree. Kolb is not the reason we've lost to perhaps the worst team in the league. He and Fitz are pretty much the only ones making plays right now, and when your only chance of moving the ball is "get it to Fitz" it's no wonder the offense isn't so efficient.

Obviously, Whiz is a big reason behind our suckiness (is that a word? I don't think that's a word). Once again a press conference of comments like "we're right there" and "we just need to work some things out". Guess what, Whiz? We're not right there, and we need to work a lot of things out.

And realize, realize right here and now that Levi Brown sucks! He is the suckiest of the sucks!

I love it how aside from Kolb all the players that have joined the team during the Whisenhunt era do not have our first round-picks among them. The one first rounder that actually was doing you any good you went and traded away. But well, we got Kolb so I guess it was worth it.

Still, this team never ceases to surprise me. We have talented guys but we can't make ourselves look like a professional football team.
I was surprised that the Cardinals didn't crush us. I thought Fitzgerald would have a career day against our secondary... I guess it was the 12th Man. I still you guys get it going and fight the Niners for the division.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
And I hope that Arizona fans don't come in here throwing blows and slamming me for my opinion. I do think Kolb will end up being a good quarterback for you guys... But in an era where draft picks are now back to be cherished (rookie cap), I just felt a second round pick and a former Pro-Bowl caliber corner (who is young) was just too much.

Again, my opinion and nothing more.
Not slamming you but who would you have rather we got?

We're better off with Kolb than we would have been with a rookie like Gabbert or Locker - who would have needed MORE time to develop than a guy who'd been mentored by a veteran to take over.

Kolb was going to be the Eagles franchise QB. The only reason he isn't now is because he got injured and Vick started playing out his mind. Not even Jesus would have beaten Vick out. The dude spent 3 years learning under McNabb.

Unless you think we should have gone for McNabb, another stop gap QB who'll give 1 or 2 years before retiring and leaving the team back at square one and another poor season whilst we found a potential replacement?

DRC was an average CB who had one good year and the hype got to him. He can't tackle and he gets burned a lot. And since when was the Pro Bowl a good way of evaluating talent? The voting system is a joke and the actual game is a joke. If Antrel Rolle and Adrian Wilson could get in last year even though they played like crap for their teams, then the system is obviously flawed.

Eagles could be effed now that Vick is out. Plus, that "beastly on paper" secondary that DRC is part of just got burned for 60+ points in 2 games.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trooper 458
And since when was the Pro Bowl a good way of evaluating talent? The voting system is a joke and the actual game is a joke. If Antrel Rolle and Adrian Wilson could get in last year even though they played like crap for their teams, then the system is obviously flawed.
This is true. You may have an argument for players that have been to the Pro Bowl consistently, but first timers don't mean jack. AZ had a Pro Bowl QB last year, and they let him go for a Coke. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

Kolb has thrown 3 picks so far, 1 of which was a prayer before the end of a half. The second one in Seattle was probably a bad choice but I think the playcall and setup forced his hand. I'll call him a bum when I think he deserves it, but so far, at least to me, he's shown that he's a legit starting QB. Something that AZ couldn't even sniff last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
This is true. You may have an argument for players that have been to the Pro Bowl consistently, but first timers don't mean jack. AZ had a Pro Bowl QB last year, and they let him go for a Coke. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

Kolb has thrown 3 picks so far, 1 of which was a prayer before the end of a half. The second one in Seattle was probably a bad choice but I think the playcall and setup forced his hand. I'll call him a bum when I think he deserves it, but so far, at least to me, he's shown that he's a legit starting QB. Something that AZ couldn't even sniff last year.
He's not calling him a bum though... he's saying they paid too much for him, which I kind of agree.

If Arizona wanted to make a hard push for the playoffs this year, then getting him was the right call, but I understand the point. They could've gotten McNabb or Hasselbeck (maybe they couldn't have, we can't really know) for a year or two and drafted one of the great QBs coming out this year. I think Kolb can be a starter in the NFL but just don't think he's worth what they paid for him... at least not at this point in his career.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Arizona paid the market price, and that price was probably pushed up a bit on account of the way Kolb showed some signs of being a capable starter, as well as the demand from other teams in need of a starting QB.

Did they over pay? Yeah probably. Were they robbed? No I don't think so. If I'm Arizona and I'm sitting there with a phenom at WR like Larry Fitzgerald, I'm bringing in a QB who can get him the ball. I'm not putting my hopes on a crap shoot like the draft, unless there's a guy who I know can step in and who I know will be there when my pick comes around. History has shown those guys to be few and far between.

All that being said, zero catches for Fitzgerald in the second half?! After he caught that TD with double coverage draped all over him I thought for sure it was gonna be a long day. The Seahawks took him out of the game though.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Arizona paid the market price, and that price was probably pushed up a bit on account of the way Kolb showed some signs of being a capable starter, as well as the demand from other teams in need of a starting QB.

Did they over pay? Yeah probably. Were they robbed? No I don't think so. If I'm Arizona and I'm sitting there with a phenom at WR like Larry Fitzgerald, I'm bringing in a QB who can get him the ball. I'm not putting my hopes on a crap shoot like the draft, unless there's a guy who I know can step in and who I know will be there when my pick comes around. History has shown those guys to be few and far between.

All that being said, zero catches for Fitzgerald in the second half?! After he caught that TD with double coverage draped all over him I thought for sure it was gonna be a long day. The Seahawks took him out of the game though.
It was definitely the market price. I'm not saying they got robbed. If they make the decision that he's their guy, then they pay for it. I question that decision. Not saying he's bad, but he's not much better than the QBs do out next year. He didn't have enough game time to consider him much more than you would any of them. I thought he was too much of an unknown to pay the market price for.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
but he's not much better than the QBs do out next year.
Oooh, don't know about all this now wwharton lol

Although I will say this, IF they waited til the Draft to select a QB, from a financial standpoint there wouldn't have been as BIG a price to pay like there has been in the past. Also got to remember they had a franchise WR that they needed to keep happy and at least SHOW him that they were serious in getting back to winning again and that maybe he didn't want to waste his years(again)rebuilding with another rookie QB, especially after dealing with Matt Leinart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #16
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
...he's not much better than the QBs do out next year. He didn't have enough game time to consider him much more than you would any of them. I thought he was too much of an unknown to pay the market price for.
Andy Reid felt confident enough in him to name him both the starter and replacement for Donovan McNabb. He's also a few years ahead in terms of development compared to those guys in the 2012 draft, and this is still the NFC West we're talking about here.

Lot's of reasons to think it was the move to make, though again, zero catches for Fitzgerald in the second half! I'm still not quite sure how the Seahawks pulled that off.

Also, some developments on LB Aaron Curry. On twitter, in response to the win he replied to a fan's congratulations with, "yea they won".

And further down that link it definitely appears something is brewing. Curry just doesn't seem to be the type of guy to be disgruntled about a situation that he got himself into.

I personally think it would be a mistake to trade him, just because I don't think they'd get good value for him at this point and on top of that I still think he can be a good player. I guess we'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »