Home

Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

This game will help ensure that at least one NFL West team will get a victory this week.

I look for Seattle's offense to show some signs of life, as it appears WR Sidney Rice will finally make his Seahawks debut. Though they will be without LG Robert Gallery who is out for the next month or so with a groin injury.

I also look for Kevin Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald to have big games, ultimately leading the Cardinals to victory.

Arizona wins 27-24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

I said in the last Seattle game thread that the window on LB Aaron Curry was closing, and well... That didn't take long.

I feel for the guy, and want him to succeed both as a fan and just because he seems like a good dude. Hopefully the whole competition strategy Coach Carroll has got going will get him to start making more of an impact. At this point I don't know though. I think Curry is more the type of player who would really thrive on a better defense, but when asked to be one of the main focal points he will tend to disappear.

In other words, the Seahawks will probably trade him for a fifth round pick and then he will go on to make the Pro Bowl multiple times.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

It's so painful to watch the Cardinals these days. We're making Seattle look like a good team... I should have known it means nothing to us that Tarvaris Jackson is their quarterback. He's looked like Peyton Manning against us in the past.

...It's so bad I actually turned the game off, even if we're only down by three. I'm tired of waiting for a big play to win a football game. Why can't the Cardinals play a solid, good game and win?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

I still can't believe that the Cardinals gave up that much for Kolb.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Why can't you believe it? Kolb is doing fine. With a very limited running game, subpar pass protection and really only one receiving threat in Fitz, I don't think you could ask any more from a QB. He's making plays he needs to, but he's needs more support.

I don't know, maybe you would have preferred that AZ left Kolb alone, so we could be treated to a little more Derek Anderson or Max Hall. No thanks.

I think sometimes you have to look at more than stats. You look at his two picks he had yesterday. One was at the end of the first half, AZ had no timeouts and they were just looking to get into field goal range. He had to force that pass to Fitz on the sidelines. It was well covered.

The second pick was during the last minute of the game on a very questionable play call. 3rd and 13 and they had Fitz double covered, Heap "streaking" down the middle into coverage, Andre Roberts running one of the laziest 5 yard curls I have ever seen, and Doucet failing to outrun a LB on a 3 yard crossing pattern. Give your QB a chance to make a dam play!

Last edited by andayaman; 09-26-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
Why can't you believe it? Kolb is doing fine. With a very limited running game, subpar pass protection and really only one receiving threat in Fitz, I don't think you could ask any more from a QB. He's making plays he needs to, but he's needs more support.

I don't know, maybe you would have preferred that AZ left Kolb alone, so we could be treated to a little more Derek Anderson or Max Hall. No thanks.

I think sometimes you have to look at more than stats. You look at his two picks he had yesterday. One was at the end of the first half, AZ had no timeouts and they were just looking to get into field goal range. He had to force that pass to Fitz on the sidelines. It was well covered.

The second pick was during the last minute of the game on a very questionable play call. 3rd and 13 and they had Fitz double covered, Heap "streaking" down the middle into coverage, Andre Roberts running one of the laziest 5 yard curls I have ever seen, and Doucet failing to outrun a LB on a 3 yard crossing pattern. Give your QB a chance to make a dam play!
Totally agree. Kolb is not the reason we've lost to perhaps the worst team in the league. He and Fitz are pretty much the only ones making plays right now, and when your only chance of moving the ball is "get it to Fitz" it's no wonder the offense isn't so efficient.

Obviously, Whiz is a big reason behind our suckiness (is that a word? I don't think that's a word). Once again a press conference of comments like "we're right there" and "we just need to work some things out". Guess what, Whiz? We're not right there, and we need to work a lot of things out.

And realize, realize right here and now that Levi Brown sucks! He is the suckiest of the sucks!

I love it how aside from Kolb all the players that have joined the team during the Whisenhunt era do not have our first round-picks among them. The one first rounder that actually was doing you any good you went and traded away. But well, we got Kolb so I guess it was worth it.

Still, this team never ceases to surprise me. We have talented guys but we can't make ourselves look like a professional football team.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman

I don't believe in giving up high round draft picks and a Pro Bowl corner for unproven QB's. You said people sometimes look at stats too much - I agree. The talk was Kolb had the most passing yards for a QB starting his first two games of all-time and that clouded the fact that he also threw a few picks in those games. I just thought it was too much and I'm glad the Seahawks didn't go after him.

That's the short of it.

I understand that Kolb looks to be having a pretty decent year so far, and you make some good points - but I just thought they gave up way too much for him. He may turn out to be a stud and I'll be eating my words. I'm fine with that, too. But with such a deep QB class coming down the pipe in the 2012 draft, I just think it was WAY too steep a price.

I've been wrong hundreds of times before and I could very well be wrong here, too.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
Banned

And I hope that Arizona fans don't come in here throwing blows and slamming me for my opinion. I do think Kolb will end up being a good quarterback for you guys... But in an era where draft picks are now back to be cherished (rookie cap), I just felt a second round pick and a former Pro-Bowl caliber corner (who is young) was just too much.

Again, my opinion and nothing more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »