Home

Week 4: Tennessee Titans (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 4: Tennessee Titans (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Week 4: Tennessee Titans (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (2-1)

Should be a pretty good game, especially since Britt is out. Looks like it will be a battle of the good defenses. The Cleveland Browns defensive line has been surprisingly one of the best in the NFL so far. And the Titans have probably the best offensively line in the NFL.

Who you got?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Tennessee Titans (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (2-1)

The Titans OL is a top notch pass blocking line - possibly the best in the NFL. But the run blocking is down right bad. Between Harris, Amano and Scott, someone is getting blown up almost every running down. CJ can't get any room and the only reason Ringer has on occasion is because the D was expecting pass.

The Titans D has been good but mostly in coverage - the DL is not getting much pressure really. Morgan doesn't quite look like his pre-ACL self just yet. Ayers hasn't shown that preseason form at LB just yet either so maybe he starts to show more soon. Finnegan has looked quite good so far though, but has yet to be really challenged.

Hasselbeck has been exceptional and Nate Washington has been good too, but without Britt I'm not sure how much of this will remain. Still PO'd, can't believe the Titans luck at WR.

I haven't seen much of the Browns so far but they're at home and I think probably deserve a slight edge here - 20-17 is my prediction.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

The only thing I'll say is that the Browns defense is becoming a force. The human wall of Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin are dominating teams in the middle, while Jabaal Sheard and Jayme Mitchell are doing a decent job on the outside.

The matchup of the entire game will be the Titans O-line vs the Browns D-line. I think everything else is pretty even.

Both teams are extremely similar. Both have below average WR crew with star running backs and medium range QB's that rely on their defense.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I can't get too excited about this Titans team, largely for the reasons that Nza has pointed out. Similarly, it's hard to get a read on the Browns --- their first 3 opponents are a combined only 1-8, with the only win coming against the Browns themselves. I'm going to take the easy way out here and say that this game will come down to turnovers. I think Hasselbeck will be smarter than McCoy in his decision making, and the Titans squeak it out in a low scoring affair:

Titans 16
Browns 13

Also, this is just an aside, but I was in Vegas last November. I only put money on one game. I figured it was a lock. Patriots over Browns, and I was giving up something like 8 points. Money in the bank, right? Not quite... Browns won by 20 points. If the Browns can roll the Patriots, I'm sure this improved squad can roll us as well.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Any team can beat any other team these days. There are a few very unlikely wins and losses here and there, but they are getting fewer and further between. I wouldn't be shocked if this game ended in a blowout either way.

OSUFan - damnit, I was hoping to hear the Browns DTs were weak as hell so maybe the interior Titans OL could fluke a good block on a run or two for CJ :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm hoping the Titans go out and win this game..... I'm a lil down since we lost Britt for the season, he was putting up GREAT numbers....and that without CJ2K doing his thing..... And speaking of CJ...I defended him holding out until he got paid...well CJ's been paid and although it's only been 3 games, he hasn't shown any signs of CJ from the last 3 seasons..... Step it up CJ, we can actually win the division this year...Just my opinion...

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

IDK much about either team, and ive watched every Titans game for the past 12 years LOL. I cant get a read on the 2011 Titans man. I feel like any minute we are going to get destroyed and go on a 6 game losing streak.

I cant imagine CJ can keep up sucking this much for much longer. I mean eventually he is going to have to string together a couple good 6-7 yard runs right? Im going to say 19-17 Titans with the browns missing a field goal as time expires.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Week 4: Tennessee Titans (2-1) @ Cleveland Browns (2-1)

I think people are overhyping the Browns' defense WAY too much. They have played the Bengals (1-2), the Colts (0-3) and the Dolphins (0-3) so far. Three teams who don't exactly have high powered offenses. In fact, they have a schedule softer than Charmin until week 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »