Home

Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

This is a discussion on Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #73
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
They have seven Grammys. Seven.

You don't get seven Grammys from two hit songs.

I'm not even a big fan of them, but to call them a one or two hit wonder is absurd.

By the way, they have had three songs in the top 40 (Learn to Fly peaked at 13; Best of You at 18; The Pretender at 37), and every single album has been nominated for a Grammy (except the latest, which isn't eligible till next year).
The average SB headliner has sold upwards of 100 million albums, the foo fighter have sold less than 10 million. None of thier "grammy winning" albums have even gone double platinum, even kings of leon has gone multi-platinum. They are closer to one hit wonders than SB headliners.

and btw they only have six grammys. six.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #74
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
The average SB headliner has sold upwards of 100 million albums, the foo fighter have sold less than 10 million. None of thier "grammy winning" albums have even gone double platinum, even kings of leon has gone multi-platinum. They are closer to one hit wonders than SB headliners.

and btw they only have six grammys. six.
My bad. I misquoted Wiki.

You mind if I ask where you're finding the less than 10 mil though? Everywhere I looked said 15+.

Yes, compared with Springsteen, the Who, The Stones, Aerosmith, McCartney, etc, their sales are significantly lower, but I still have a really hard time considering them one/two hit wonders. Like I said, you don't make a 17 year career out of one or two songs, and still have the ability to headline arenas like Staples Center when you go out on tour. SB headliners? I don't know, but one hit wonders? Come on.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #75
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Here's an even better idea:

Ditch the Musical Act altogether. Why do you even need them anyway?

No Bands, No Rappers, No Hippies....just nothing.

Or is that asking Goodell for too much?
That's the best idea of all, but it's the Super Bowl, so I guess there has to be some fluff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
I know the super bowl is watched all over the world but the US is still the main targeted viewing audience and kings of leon, foo fighters are both one hit wonders in the US

Putting green day on a world stage is just asking for touble

Adele would be the best bet as shes the most current.
Last time I checked Kings Of Leon and The Foo Fighters headline major arenas across the US.

Green Day on a world stage is trouble? Last time I checked they haven't had an edge since the 90's. They have a Broadway show for crying out loud.

Do you even live in the United States?

Another band you could throw out there would be Coldplay. Outside of those 4 bands I can't think of another modern rock band the NFL would use.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #77
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I vote the NFL makes a White Stripes reunion happen.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've heard that she hates hydrangeas
Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #79
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Green Day on a world stage is trouble? Last time I checked they haven't had an edge since the 90's. They have a Broadway show for crying out loud.
is this a joke? its so hard to tell over the internet. in case it isnt ill point you to all the anti-bush / anti-american foreign policy music, the repeated calling out of president bush including wanting to punch him in the face. Not trying to make this a political thing but Obama hasnt changed foreign policy much and I bet green day would use the SB as a place to make a political statement.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #80
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
My bad. I misquoted Wiki.

You mind if I ask where you're finding the less than 10 mil though? Everywhere I looked said 15+.

Yes, compared with Springsteen, the Who, The Stones, Aerosmith, McCartney, etc, their sales are significantly lower, but I still have a really hard time considering them one/two hit wonders. Like I said, you don't make a 17 year career out of one or two songs, and still have the ability to headline arenas like Staples Center when you go out on tour. SB headliners? I don't know, but one hit wonders? Come on.
i couldnt find worldwide but US it was only like 7.5 mil or so. The point is still that they dont have a multi-platinum US album. They have a very small, but dedicated fan base. The only reason they have stayed relevant so long is Dave Grohl. I mean compared to artist that have multiple 10x + platinum albums the foo fighters arent even in the same ball park, they are playing a different sport.

Last edited by untrugby; 10-07-2011 at 10:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »