Home

Week 5: Green Bay Packers (4-0) @ Atlanta Falcons (2-2)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Green Bay Packers (4-0) @ Atlanta Falcons (2-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9
Week 5: Green Bay Packers (4-0) @ Atlanta Falcons (2-2)

A Sunday Night Football rematch from last year's divisional round.

Who ya got?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Week 5: Green Bay Packers (4-0) @ Atlanta Falcons (2-2)

Packers in a shootout.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

This game is critical to both teams. Green Bay can't risk falling behind Detroit, and Atlanta is already playing catch up with New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

I'm taking Atlanta. They need it more in my opinion, and I think that the difference could be the Dome. I know Green Bay stomped them on the road in the playoffs, but Matty Ice doesn't lose at home in the regular season.

Should be a great game regardless, can't wait.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Green Bay can't risk falling behind Detroit
Of course we can.

The last thing that ANYBODY should think can or will be a difference maker is the Georgia Dome, especially considering we're at our best Offensively in a controlled climate.

The only Atlanta has going for them in this matchup is the revenge factor after what hapened last season.

This game is essentially going to determine(whether fair or not)giving up what they gave up for Julio Jones was worth it, especially considering their problems were on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Of course we can.

The last thing that ANYBODY should think can or will be a difference maker is the Georgia Dome, especially considering we're at our best Offensively in a controlled climate.

The only Atlanta has going for them in this matchup is the revenge factor after what hapened last season.

This game is essentially going to determine(whether fair or not)giving up what they gave up for Julio Jones was worth it, especially considering their problems were on the defensive side of the ball.
Fair enough. I also am curious to see what Julio Jones does in this game, since he was pretty much brought in to beat the Packers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
I see a shootout, both teams pass defense hasnt been too great so far so whoever has the ball last will win. If the falcons lose this, I dont see them making the playoffs being 2 games behind the bucs an saints.

Sent from Luke Skywalkers Evo

Last edited by iAM-IncReDiBLe-; 10-05-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

This one's pretty simple to me, if Atlanta can't get pressure with their front 4, they loose. Atlanta's secondary gets bad wrap -- some of it is deserved -- but I've seen some solid play out of them in the games I've seen. What has been missing is a steady pass rush. They haven't had a sack since week 1 when they recorded 5 against Chicago. Since then, zip.

Ray Edwards was brought in to bookend with Abraham, but he's been a no show. Peter King posted a stat last week that through 3 games last year, 83 pass rushes, Edwards got 20 pressures. This year, through his first 86 rushes, he's gotten 6 pressures. Can't play good defense when your top free agent does that.

But with all that, I still see a path to the playoff for Atlanta if they loose. They get Tampa again who is now about to start the rough part of their schedule, and they always play the Saints tough.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Peter King posted a stat last week that through 3 games last year, 83 pass rushes, Edwards got 20 pressures. This year, through his first 86 rushes, he's gotten 6 pressures. Can't play good defense when your top free agent does that.
In other words, Edwards owes Jared Allen and the Williams Wall for getting him his payday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »