Home

Week 5: San Diego Chargers (3-1) @ Denver Broncos (1-3)

This is a discussion on Week 5: San Diego Chargers (3-1) @ Denver Broncos (1-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Week 5: San Diego Chargers (3-1) @ Denver Broncos (1-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
The Chargers are the worst 4-1 team ive ever seen
But they get better as the season progress.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #50
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Hey!!!

Keep that Charger talk out of this thread.
Co-sign.

However, I'll take a 4-1 team with close wins and had a shot to win in New England instead of a 2-3 team with 2 blowout wins and 3 disasters.

While we're talking about Tim Tebow, if he becomes the starter and gets regular reps and practice, those throws to the receivers feet will start hitting their numbers. He's got things to work on, but not once did I see him make a questionable decision on the field.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #51
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNT007
But they get better as the season progress.
History suggests that, and last year it wasn't enough. However, we can't always count on them improving as the season progresses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #52
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Far from the worst 4-1 team ever, just winning sloppy. Remember, for the last 4 years we've been 2-3 at this point of the season.. I think after the bye week, Rivers will come out guns blazing looking to remind people just how good he is.

I couldn't be happier with the Chargers right now. I know Rivers has struggled, and the New England game was a debacle but still they're winning games early in the season and the Mathews/Tolbert duo has been dynamic. Once Rivers hits his stride, this team is going to be one of the most dangerous in the league.

Also, who cares about Denver's starter? Orton, Tebow, and Quinn all suck.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Wait, so looking at their numbers strictly from last year is unfair, but looking at Orton's numbers with a completely different team is fair? There's a huge difference between saying Orton's win percentage last year was lower than Tebow's and saying that whoever has the highest YPC is a team's best runner. This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen.
the 09 to 10 broncos is hardly an entirely different team. it doesnt matter orton or tebow neither one can win with how bad they both are and most of the rest of the team are.

Quote:
And in what way does this Cowboys team look exactly the same?
the poor play calling, the mental mistakes, the stupid penalties, the turnovers, the late game errors and collapses. Its eerily similar

Quote:
Last year:
Defense ranked 23rd

This year:
Defense is ranked 4th
this stat is misleading since the '11 cowboys are ranked 23rd in points allowed.

Quote:
Last year:
Offense ranked 7th

This year:
Offense ranks 6th

And this is including how horrific they looked against Washington when they couldn't snap a ball or run a single correct route.
last year they ranked 7th in O with kitna playing most of the games and even a mcgee start. they also played awful last year against washington. So 6th with romo seems about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Radio
Also, who cares about Denver's starter? Orton, Tebow, and Quinn all suck.
QFT
Old 10-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #54
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Tebow has the ability to pump up his teammates with his energy. I saw it last year in the final 3 games, I saw it yesterday.
Also, he will have poor "eye stats" but what he did was by far better than Orton ever did when he was in the game. Tebow got the Broncos 14 points and in a position to win the game. Orton got them 3 freakin points and a turnover.
Its time to see if Tebow can improve over the season and if not, guess what, maybe they'll win the Suck for Luck bowl.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #55
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
Tebow has the ability to pump up his teammates with his energy. I saw it last year in the final 3 games, I saw it yesterday.
Also, he will have poor "eye stats" but what he did was by far better than Orton ever did when he was in the game. Tebow got the Broncos 14 points and in a position to win the game. Orton got them 3 freakin points and a turnover.
Its time to see if Tebow can improve over the season and if not, guess what, maybe they'll win the Suck for Luck bowl.
Tebow isnt pumping anyone up its the change thats pumping them up. Whenever a team is doing bad and they make a major change the team almost always plays with a renewed energy.

And tebow wasnt some offensive wizard. All but one of ortons drives started at his on 23 or worse, the only one that didnt he put points on the board. all the drive that tebow started at the 23 or worse failed just as bad as orton and he scored on 2 shorter fields than orton had all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #56

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
Tebow isnt pumping anyone up its the change thats pumping them up. Whenever a team is doing bad and they make a major change the team almost always plays with a renewed energy.

And tebow wasnt some offensive wizard. All but one of ortons drives started at his on 23 or worse, the only one that didnt he put points on the board. all the drive that tebow started at the 23 or worse failed just as bad as orton and he scored on 2 shorter fields than orton had all day.
For someone who doesn't care who is the Denver starter you sure do seem to care quite a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »