Home

Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1)

Cole is probably out but don't ignore the fact that they still have 2 of the top sack leaders(Babin and Jenkins)playing as well.

But I agree with Rob, don't make Grossman have to do more than he should in this game. Just hand the ball off to Hightower or whoever is in the backfield and have him convert the ocassional 3rd down here and there. If he can do that, then the Skins should be alright but the last thing they need to do is try and get into a shootout with the Eagles. Never has been the Skins MOs nor should it be, so the Offense should do just enough for them not to put the Defense in awful situations.

If the Skins win, I expect 980 and The Fan to already start drawing up Playoff Scenarios and how they can clinch HFA as well.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Cole is probably out but don't ignore the fact that they still have 2 of the top sack leaders(Babin and Jenkins)playing as well.

But I agree with Rob, don't make Grossman have to do more than he should in this game. Just hand the ball off to Hightower or whoever is in the backfield and have him convert the ocassional 3rd down here and there. If he can do that, then the Skins should be alright but the last thing they need to do is try and get into a shootout with the Eagles. Never has been the Skins MOs nor should it be, so the Offense should do just enough for them not to put the Defense in awful situations.

If the Skins win, I expect 980 and The Fan to already start drawing up Playoff Scenarios and how they can clinch HFA as well.
Yeah wasn't ignoring those guys, but a GOOD gameplan shouldn't give them too many chances to do too much damage.

LOL @ 980 and The Fan. Honestly, all they're really talking about (right now) is how a Skins win will knock the Eagles out of the playoffs which I think is pretty much about right.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Well...Ryan Torain was hurting us in the 1st half of one of our matchups last year. Could be in for a long day. However, if there's a team that can be made one-dimensional though it's this offense. Stack the box and let Asante and Asomugha man up!

Limit the turnovers...or just play turnover free football...and they can win. With that said, no Jason Peters likely means Vick will be hit hit/hurried all game....and will probably fumble at the most inopportune time.

Juqua Parker needs like 3 sacks to make up for last week.

Philly needs a win here and I don't care how they get it.

Last edited by JBH3; 10-13-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

BOOM

Spoiler

WALRUS

Spoiler

Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

If the Eagles don't win this one, it is definitely curtains. I'll stop believing they can rebound. This Redskins game couldn't come at a worse time.

By history, I want to say PHI steps up and WSH steps down. That's been their MO's the last decade. And Philly's mental mistakes have been killing them, but those can be fixed. That's why I still believe PHI takes off and it begins with this game right here.

WSH is pretty decent, though. They needed a good start to get some confidence and not spiral to a terrible season. I don't know if they'll take the NFC East, but I see them with around 8 wins at worst. I think the division winner only gets 10.

I'll go with the Eagles, 28, the Redskins 20.

Starting Jason Avant, Ryan Torain, and WSH Defense on my fantasy team. Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
BOOM

Spoiler

WALRUS

Spoiler
I dont even know what the heck this is? Is Reid playing D this week? Im lost.

But yeah, lets go Redskins! The D is poised to murder Vick this week. Im pretty sure Vick has about at least 65% chance of missing a few plays this week or more from the potential injury he can take this game.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Well...Ryan Torain was hurting us in the 1st half of one of our matchups last year. Could be in for a long day. However, if there's a team that can be made one-dimensional though it's this offense. Stack the box and let Asante and Asomugha man up!
Still don't understand why this hasn't happened more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Still don't understand why this hasn't happened more.
Could it have something to do with the fact that the guy running Philly's defense has never coached that side of the ball at the pro or collegiate level?

EDIT: it just dawned on me that you might have been wondering why more teams haven't done this against the Skins. My bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »