Home

Brandon Lloyd Being Shopped?

This is a discussion on Brandon Lloyd Being Shopped? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Brandon Lloyd Being Shopped?

There's rumors going around that Brandon Lloyd is on the trading block and the three teams currently interested are the Titans, Redskins, and Bills. The Broncos supposedly want a 2nd round pick for him.

What does everyone think?

I feel like this is a bad move for the Bills to make at least. Lloyd has openly complained about not getting the ball enough and supposedly is now complaining because Denver switching QBs will hurt his next contract. He sounds like an absolute me-first guy, and I feel like it would only get worse in Buffalo where he would most likely be a #2 guy and only get the ball just as much as Stevie, Nelson, Donald Jones, and all the other WRs that Fitz spreads the ball around.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Brandon Lloyd Being Shopped?

Trade Deadline is next week so expect to hear all kinds of rumors.

That being said, even if this was true, I'd rule out the Skins.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

When he was with the Skins years ago, he was a bum that couldn't keep his mouth closed. He actually is a decent receiver now, but not worth a second round pick. I hope the Skins stay far away from him.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Interesting. My guess would be it's simply a rumor generated before the trade deadline. I haven't heard this and I listen to Denver sports talk and I read the Denver Post religiously. Where did you hear it? I also haven't heard anything about him complaining, but that's not to say that he isn't. He's a receiver...they all want the ball and can never have it thrown their way enough.

I'd hate to see him go if they did trade him, but he is a free agent after this season and there is a good chance he won't be back. Denver is looking at getting Eddie Royal, Damaryius Thomas, and Julius Thomas back for the Miami game. I still doubt they would move Lloyd.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The Skins would be morons to try this guy again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I haven't heard ANYTHING about this. This sounds pretty darn bogus to me. Demaryius Thomas can't stay healthy and Eddie Royal can't stay healthy and can't establish himself as a consistent threat. Why would the Broncos then shop their #1 WR? Lloyd has been a consummate professional and playmaker.

That Guy, got a link to a credible source?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
There's rumors going around that Brandon Lloyd is on the trading block and the three teams currently interested are the Titans, Redskins, and Bills. The Broncos supposedly want a 2nd round pick for him.

What does everyone think?

I feel like this is a bad move for the Bills to make at least. Lloyd has openly complained about not getting the ball enough and supposedly is now complaining because Denver switching QBs will hurt his next contract. He sounds like an absolute me-first guy, and I feel like it would only get worse in Buffalo where he would most likely be a #2 guy and only get the ball just as much as Stevie, Nelson, Donald Jones, and all the other WRs that Fitz spreads the ball around.
He's always been a me 1st, tool. That's why he's bounced around the league so much. Honestly, he's shown talent everywhere he's been too (besides Washington, and I think that was more stupid coaching than Lloyd not playing up to par). It seems like he's found a home in Denver though. I could see him being mad about Orton getting benched bc of how well he's done with Orton as QB, but I don't see him getting shopped. DEFINITELY don't see the Skins going after him (and for a 2nd round pick... no chance in hell). I don't think it'd make sense for the Titans or Bills unless he's just a rental (which I guess is possible, but not for a 2nd rounder).
Old 10-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I could see him being mad about Orton getting benched bc of how well he's done with Orton as QB, but I don't see him getting shopped.
I don't know if he's mad because Orton really wasn't targeting him that much, which was part of the problem. I think Lloyd was initially all in favor of Orton being the QB because they had a connection last year and that would help him in a contract year. That hasn't happened, so I think Lloyd will be in favor of the change to Tebow. Tebow threw his way a few times in his limited attempts. Hopefully he takes advantage of Lloyd.

I think Lloyd has grown up a bit and he's settled down in Denver. He's a remarkable talent with absolutely amazing body control. I hope Denver makes it a priority to resign him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »